1987 MK3 Resto

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
Last night I checked the CPS again, It was definitely off. I pulled a plug to be able to make sure it was at TDC, and the timing marks lined up. The problem is i can't get it to start and idle on its own, to adjust the cps, so I had to have someone help me, It seemed like when I did adjust the tps, we got it to run really well over like 2000 rpm, well pretty well.

Still have a long ways to go. I should probably put at least the downpipe back on, fill it with coolant, and attach the belts and alternator. Will try to get another video up today.

The oil leak is solved so thats good!

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
Second time trying to start the supra. Adjusted the CPS to what seems like a better position. There are two vacuum leaks that i can think of and will have to close them off, one is from the powersteering pump, and another on the nipple at the back of the intake manifold.

[video=youtube_share;HVPD_mpQ0w4]http://youtu.be/HVPD_mpQ0w4[/video]

My dad thinks its only firing on 5 cylinders. Not sure about that. Need to fix the leaks first.

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
So I took a look at the injectors. I had them clipped incorrectly. It goes white red white red white red. I had red white white red white red. I made the change and connected the rest of the vacuum lines. It fires up and goes to 2000 rpm, drops to 1000, and then to 500 and dies. Tomorrow Im going to check the TPS because im getting code 51 only. I can keep it running with throttle input from me, and it really seems like it wants to stay idling.

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
Today I ran it for a solid minute. It wants to run it really does.

Anyway Im still having the low idle problem with it sounding like its running on not all cylinders. I had someone make sure it didnt stall while i pulled the injector clips on cylinder 5, i didnt notice any difference. I pulled all the plugs, and they are all black with the exception of cylinder 5, which is silver and brand new, and bone dry, which leads me to beleive injector 5 isnt firing. Is there anyway I can test to confirm its the injector, and not say the clip, wires, connection anythign else?

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
Seems to be running pretty strong now. Just need to install a actual downpipe as the one i had before was fucked. Just trying to find a replacement stock ct-26 downpipe.

Thought I was supposed to have lsd...

20120927_175504.jpg

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
[video=youtube_share;m8U-ZhZa5Co]http://youtu.be/m8U-ZhZa5Co[/video]

after i sorted out all the bugs

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
I took it out and down the street today for the first time in almost two years. Felt pretty good, was running strong. Now I just have a few small things to button up