1986 MKIII N/A - Powersteering ? for 1jz Swap

rmjsupra

Mar 11, 2009
Moorpark
www.rmjmotorsports.com
Hey guys, I have been digging around for a while and found nothing on this. I have an 86.5 MKIII non-turbo and will be doing my 1.5JZ swap soon.

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for the power steering. The PS pump is on the passenger side of the car on my 7m and needs to be on the drivers side for the JZ engine.

I know I am most likely going to have to fab up some lines, but any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
No. There is one main pressure line that goes from the pump to the steering rack. You need to get the 2JZ to 7M power steering (pressure) line from Driftmotion that allows you to hook a 2JZ PS pump into the 7M power steering rack. Its one line. Then you will have a return line that needs to run from the return line out of the rack back through a PS cooler and then back to the PS reservior.

Good link that is in a sticky at the top of this forum section (Other Engine Tech (1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, Etc))

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=933571&postcount=104

rmjsupra

Mar 11, 2009
Moorpark
www.rmjmotorsports.com
jmcboost;1269750 said:
No. There is one main pressure line that goes from the pump to the steering rack. You need to get the 2JZ to 7M power steering (pressure) line from Driftmotion that allows you to hook a 2JZ PS pump into the 7M power steering rack. Its one line. Then you will have a return line that needs to run from the return line out of the rack back through a PS cooler and then back to the PS reservior.

Good link that is in a sticky at the top of this forum section (Other Engine Tech (1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, Etc))

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=933571&postcount=104

Thank you bro, really appreciate it, time to make another call to DriftMotion

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
No problem. Driftmotion is FTW!!! I used my 7MGTE PS cooler and turned it so it would point the opposite way. That way I would'nt have to run the return lines all the way across the engine bay. I did have to custom mount it and move it a little but it works! Good Luck!