1986 GA70 1GZ-FE Build

supranz

May 23, 2010
Christchurch
Before I get to explaining the 1GZ-FE which I’m sure you all want to hear about I’ll give you a back story of the car and how I’ve gotten to this point.
I bought the car in March 2010 with it pretty much factory except an exhaust, pod filter, bov and wheels. It was a 1ggte 2.0L twin turbo with a w58 gearbox.
How it looked when I bought it:

Apart from some maintenance I drove it as is for about 6months before the turbos gave up and I decided to do a single turbo conversion. Some pictures of the conversion:

In June 2013 after going through 4 motors I was well over having to put in all the effort for about 270rwhp so abandoned the car in the garage whilst I tried to figure out what I’d do.
(If anyone wants to know more about my journey with the 1G’s let me know and I’ll go more in depth)
I have always had a fascination about the 1GZ-FE, the big displacement, v12 layout and immense torque were always so desirable after playing with the small, perky 1G. There had been one for sale for a few months on the local version of Ebay and after getting the courage and money together I bought it and in late September I had a front cut of a Century sitting in my mates paddock and naturally the first thing we did was fire it up!
[video=youtube;UjZ-HvxYqsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZ-HvxYqsc[/video]
After about a month of it sitting there we took the motor out and brought it home and started to strip off the extras that I wouldn’t need. We also had a peek under the rocker cover to check out the cams.

We then did a test fit of the motor into the engine bay and it doesn’t look too bad! I knew beforehand that I’d need to go external oil pump due to the front sump fouling on the steering rack, but I’ve left that on for now so shit doesn’t get into the crankcase. So once I have a sump and engine mounts made it should sit much lower.

I’ll post again soon with my plans for the build and more details about the engine and parts I have on the go.

supranz

May 23, 2010
Christchurch
Thanks for all the encouragement guys, progress will be slow but once the engine is mounted things should go along nicely assuming I have the cash to get what I need.

supraguy@aol;1973196 said:
Subscribed.
How much did the clip cost you??

For the clip delivered to my mates house it was $5700NZD (About $4800USD)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
MadRPM;1983176 said:
Ever wonder how the 1GZ would sound like with ITBs?

It would scream some what like if the incredible hulk and she hulk had a baby

hulk372.jpg