1986 AE86 Corolla GT-S Supercharged

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
o_O incredibly nice... I don't even want to know (of course I do) where you found all those parts o_o I came very close to getting a white/black gt-s hatch... but I'll be getting my 5th a70 supra here shortly

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
An important moment in the build of my car has arrived: date booked at the body shop for the final body work and paint, dropping the car off at the end of the month. Expect glossy black goodness.

I'll make sure I can take pictures of the body work along the way, maybe stop by the body shop every now and then or have them send me pictures. So nothing really to post yet, but I'm really excited, and there will soon be a supercharged GT-S driving the streets of Calgary. Prepare your body.

Jeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
My body is prepared for the insertion of your goodness. <3

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
soon_honey_beer_bottle.jpg

Jeff

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Shaeff, you WOULD be ready. :rofl:

Jeff, how much longer before we can check out this car at the local museum?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Updates? I think we may have crossed paths, like two ships passing in the night. I felt no warmth. :(

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Stopped by the body shop today and they've got things under control. I am very happy with the quality of work being done. I had hoped that it might be a little further along by now, but it's not a priority job for them. I'd like to drive it soon though, but that goes without saying I think.

Quarter removed, wheel well housing removed and in the process of being reinstalled. Inner rocker panel metal cut out and being repaired.

quarters1.jpg

quarters2.jpg

quarters3.jpg

quarters4.jpg

Jeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
:drool:

I need to have that done to my e36 M3 on the driver's side. Eventually.

Looks great, Jeff!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Jeff, I hope to be able to do justice to my 87, the quality of the build / restoration that you've done here, in my modified mission. Looking good man. :)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Stopped by the body shop once again today, the left-hand quarter panel is now installed on the car, mostly. Still some welds to clean up along with seam sealer and a bunch of other body shop things, but it looks amazing. Right-hand quarter panel and wheel housing removed, close-up of the rocker rust underneath the quarter panel. The 80's will live on.

lh_quarter1.jpg

lh_quarter2.jpg

lh_quarter3.jpg

lh_quarter4.jpg

rh_quarter1.jpg

rh_quarter2.jpg

rh_quarter3.jpg

rh_quarter4.jpg

rh_quarter5.jpg

rh_quarter6.jpg

rh_quarter7.jpg

rh_quarter8.jpg

rh_quarter9.jpg

rh_quarter10.jpg

Suck on that mother nature, your rust won't ruin my dreams!

Jeff

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Stopped by the body shop again today and wow, it looks like a car again! Significantly more work done than I was expecting based on the last time I saw it a couple weeks ago. Primer in the next day or two and then off to paint after that. Should be done next week?!?! Crazy!

lh_side1.jpg

lh_rear1.jpg

rh_rear1.jpg

rh_front1.jpg

rh_side1.jpg

rh_side2.jpg

lh_side2.jpg

lh_side3.jpg

Jeff

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
Amazing. I can only hope that one day I can do my ma70 the justice you've done this beautiful ae86. Other than an eventual Supra build thread maybe in the next decade I can post up a build thread for an FB rx7. For some reason I have grown really fond of those old mazdas.