$150 for shipping coilovers?

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Okay, I met this guy on craigslist from New Jersey that has a set of JIC magic SF1 coilovers he's selling for $550USD. I'm from Vancouver,British Columbia, canada... Do you guys think that it'd take $150 to ship coilovers basically accross the country?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
MROsborne;1555006 said:
Okay, I met this guy on craigslist from New Jersey that has a set of JIC magic SF1 coilovers he's selling for $550USD. I'm from Vancouver,British Columbia, canada... Do you guys think that it'd take $150 to ship coilovers basically accross the country?

That's about twice what it should cost. When it comes to Craigslist, if I cannot deal locally, I don't do it.

I doubt you'll ever see anything for your money.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah they do say that offers to ship are always 100% fraudulent on their website. Now I don't know about 100% but if you follow that statistic you'll never get burned with a shipped item.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I don't condone buying through CL and having items shipped. However, for anything like that, there's always Priority Mail flat rate boxes. ;) If it fits, it ships! LOL.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Know anyone back east?? Get this guy to drop them off at someones house. Or maybe find a forum member whos near the guy and could pick them up for you

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
That's what I would suggest. If there's someone local to the seller (there should be, there are quite a few members on this forum that live in NJ) they should be able to pick them up for you and ship them for you.

The guy may have been taking a wild guess, but as Mike and shaeff said, I wouldn't be comfortable shipping something through Craigslist.
Hell, it's even shady picking stuff up half the time...