1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Hello everybody!
I like to show my Spanish Supra

I am trying to get 1300 kg (2870 lb) on a race ready Supra (FIA homologated street legal) with all the safety parts included, because without the roll cage for example I am under that weight.

Like the part list is to big, if anybody want to know something, please live a question and i will try to answer as soon as I can.

I dont know the actual weight of the car because I am changing parts close to everyday! but 1 month ago it weigh 1350 kg with street wheels and stock w154 gearbox, I have a race wheels with are like a 20 kg less.

many years ago

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
new proyect
that is the electric stireeng pump

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

firs try on a closed track

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

that one is a photoshop picture with the race wheel I am waiting.
The tire size for race: front slick 265/660/18 on a 10" rim and rear slick 285/660/18 on a 11" rim
Road wheels are Rota wheels 8,5 and 9,5 with 245 and 285 R888 Toyos tyres

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
suprafredde;1710881 said:
Wow thats a crazy build. Quaife transmission, wow my first ever on a supra. I bet that thing will last a few runs =)
Good luck on the build!

suprafredde

I hope more than few runs jejeje
it is a QBE69G long endurance geabox rated at 750 Hp

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
awesome build mate! very inspiring. Just out of interest, does it actually weigh 1300kg or is this an estimate? What sort of motorsport/competition are you participating in? Also, I didnt realise that bolt-in roll cages could be FIA approved! keep up the good work, i'm sure there aren't many A70s in Spain, i certainly didnt see any Japanese cars at all last time I was there...

I would be interested to know what sort of brakes you are using on the front. I can see your rear brakes are still stock, what pads are you using back there?

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
spiller;1712615 said:
awesome build mate! very inspiring. Just out of interest, does it actually weigh 1300kg or is this an estimate? What sort of motorsport/competition are you participating in? Also, I didnt realise that bolt-in roll cages could be FIA approved! keep up the good work, i'm sure there aren't many A70s in Spain, i certainly didnt see any Japanese cars at all last time I was there...

I would be interested to know what sort of brakes you are using on the front. I can see your rear brakes are still stock, what pads are you using back there?

Thanks! Supra friends jeje

look Spiller, the weigh two month ago was 1350 kg exactly, with street wheels (730 F and 620 R)
I want to get 1300 kg with Track wheels

my front brakes are the firts14 " Big brake made by Precision Brake with 6 pots callipers
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/horsepower-freaks/1751-precision-big-brake-kit-group-buy.html

I am using Porterfield racing pads on front and R4 compound at the rears but just tomorrow I will fit a new rear Brakes from Arizona Performance with BP20 compound pads
before I was using Performancefritions pads but I prefer the portelfield ones.

About he roll cage , it is a Cusco one and really really it is not totally legal for FIA anexo J rules but for our old cars they look to another side jejeje , it is not conform for just one small detail but for the rest yes , so the give me the OK.

I will try to do all Time Attack I can plus some regionals small chronoed rallys and some closed tracks races, but only regionals not nationals, on some of those competitions I will be outside the prices because the engine is not conform with the rules (big turbo jejeje ) But just for funny.
I have a plane of take a trailer and moving arround some European tacks next year... will see if is possible jejeje

and yes we have also a Supra Forum here in Spanish and regulars meeting! jeje here we are many supra-adicteds jeje

look here the new rear brakes , it is with out hand brake so I am modifing the stock hand brake stick to use with and hydraulic pump inline to the rear brakes

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I now how to get 1300 kg...... just buying a set of plexiglass from Japan (I found a companny there who have it , doors, corners and back one) but maybe at the end of the projet.

Last edited:

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
thanks for the info josbeat. I have the Arizona Performance Wilwod 4 pot kit at the front of my car (which is similar to your precision kit I guess but 13" rotors). I'm actually looking into some brake pads for the track at the moment and was looking at Performance Friction PFC-06. Which PF compound were you using in the front? Also how did the R4 in the stock rear match up with the bias? Are you using a proportioning valve? I'm not familiar with R4 brakes. sorry for all of the questions!

btw sounds awesome in that video!

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
the R4 is a Portelfield R4 race compound and they have for stock Supra rear callipers

yes i have a wilwood proportioning valve for the rear but with my 14" 6 pots i have it setted at full power at the back jejeje like no bias.

the Portelfield front compound now i am using is the R11 full race compound

before if i remember well was the Performance Frictions 01? compound , i will check but was the full race they had 5 years ago
believe me the best allways is the full race compound because they will brake well on public road (cold) and on a closed track (very hot, same! but it have two problem.... the dust and the rotors wear.

also I had before a bigger master pump , the stock one is 25 mm and I changed it for 30 mm one totally plug and play. now I am using a pedal box with independent pumps.
regards

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Magnificently put together car, built up for a single purpose; racing. Just about what you can expect from a car that's personally financed with just about the "perfect" parts. Congrats guys....

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
today I just changed the rear brakes
the new kit is 10 kg ( 22 pound) lighter than the old one!

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

spiller;1713456 said:
thanks pal, I will have a look on porterfields website. Your full bias in the rear would have been interesting in the wet! lol

uhmm not really... because the front ones are big big so the rear are very small compared.
before lock the rear the front have the tyre destroyed jejeje

on a brake dyno with the brakes cold they give dose values : front 440 rear 280 dont ask me if is NM or Kg or Lbr I only know that the normal cars (BMW Mercedes cherokys... ) have arround 350 at the front and arround 220 at the rears

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
neat instal on the hydraulic handbrake. are you using the car for drift as well or is the handbrake just for street use? kudos if you drive this thing on the street :evil2:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
dont forget, it is a Rally Homologation so I can install all the parts used on a Rally competition cars....and yes it is to have a hand brake on a public roads jejeje (not the most recomended, but also with a gear...)
on a public street it is an scandalous! jejeje the people stops only to see the car jejeje

at the moment dont like the drift style really i like to beat the lap time or take that corner at the double of the speed.

I will be honest with you spiller, really really drive a radical car on a public strett it is not the most exciting moment but I am a supra adicted , I need to drive it everyday or if not I turn anxious jejejeje its truth!

thanks sunnysupra

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
no idea if I can put a video here....

last track day
with engine problems, maximun revs with out missfiring 4000 rev and max boost with out missfiring 10 psi

on the video I just overtaken the 4 car behind me and overtaking the blue one and going to catch the others jeje

full HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDOcrN44c

Last edited: