10 Things I Hate About My Supra!

supranaut

Rock'n Death with Spikes
Apr 5, 2005
STL
Stupid people shouldn't own a Supra...sound system in my "drift missile" sucks pretty bad, my headlight sprayers don't work, I've never drifted it...
Buying a hacked up piece of shit and doing a vid about it...wow!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Yikes. I already knew this, but videos like this with a few thousand views really remind me that YouTube numbers are not based on value of content so much as popularity.

#1: Hood latch. It doesn't pop because it's not properly adjusted. You can adjust the bumpers and the latch. He also seems to have it shimmed in the back - which is stupid if that's the case. The bumpers are cheap from Toyota.

#2: Sunroof. It's aftermarket. Putting silicone in random spots isn't going to fix anything. It needs new seals.

#3: Hatch Leaks. That's a legit complaint. Most my mk3's I owned have leaked. Possible leak points are the lower trim piece, spoiler mounts, wiper hole, antenna.

#4: Rust. 28 year old beat up car. No surprise there.

#5: Speakers. Yeah, 28 year old small speakers won't exactly bump.

#6: Smoke at startup. Valve stem seals or oil in intercooler from blow by or turbo seals would be my guess.

#7: Steering angle. Not meant for drifting.

#8: Headlight sprayers. Really? haha. He's concerned about looks with a thin steel bar front bumper.

#9: Mismatched key set. Well, get them re-keyed so you have one key for everything...

#10: Wiring. Sounds like a bit of a hack job. Can't blame him for not wanting to redo that. I did on mine and it was a huge task.

Doesn't sound half bad though when he revs the shit out of it during #5!

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Supramania is like a sanctuary from the rest of the "internet car world".

I hate videos like these.

Maybe I should make my own "10 Things I hate" list.
1. It's too heavy.
2. The R154 shifts like an ore hauler.
3. Aftermarket parts support has dwindled from "OK" to "complete garbage".
4. Sometimes, I wish the exhaust was louder.
5. Sometimes, I wish the exhaust was quieter.
6. 90% of OEM replacement parts are no longer available.
7. The targa top takes approximately 8 weeks to take on and off.
8. My A/C can cause my car to stall in stop and go traffic sometimes, and I'm not sure where to attach the idle up.
9. The steering feel is rather numb.
10. It's seemingly in constant need of attention for some sort of small fix.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
Its people like him that end up saying these cars are shit. Only because he didn't do any real homework not just on the supra but an hard to find old car to begin with.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Re-title it 10 things you hate about millennial Supra owners. Good for him for saying it is things about his car he hates, not the Supra itself.

Last edited:

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Besides which, if he hates it so badly why bother owning it (except as an excuse to bitch about something)? I mean seriously, what does it say about an owner when he doesn't understand what is involved in owning a 20+ year old vehicle?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
His YouTube channel is called "Poor Man Mods." I'm not surprised that there are at least 10 things that he hates about his Supra. Nearly all of his complaints can be fixed, but evidently, he won't spend time and money to do so.

Also, he mentioned in his video that his friend did a similar video about a Corvette. This friend called him out to do one. Then he called out other friends to do a similar video.

One of my pet peeves is negativity, so I look for positive take aways from negative situations. In this situation, these are things I took away:

1. love your Mk3 by taking care of it
2. keep friends who are optimistic
3. optimists love their mk3

If there were more optimistic mk3 owners, we have a lot more clean and we'll maintained mk3s in the community.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Weird I have none of those problems with my car other than valve stem seal smoke. It's amazing what caring for your belongings will do and doing things the right way the first time...

Here's a fully functional MK3 whose owner doesn't hate it for what it isn't. I feel like this thread needs something nice in it.

fox74

Nov 9, 2014
SLC
I think this guy has 87 or 88 supra, this is almost 30 years car that has been abused by other owners such as putting cheap aftermarket sunroof. The fact that some idiot cut a hole in the roof to put in $50 sunroof tells you the history of the car. Everything that this guy is complaining about can be fixed easily. He should realize that the reason we still have our supras is we love and respect our car, a lot of TLC keeps them on the road where a lot of newer cars are in junk yard of crushed. I really think if you don't have the skills to work on your car and do maintenance you have no business messing with a thirty years old car.

p2069957_1.jpg

pmmfred

Apr 12, 2013
York
lolol I am a bit late but the title does say "things i hate about MY supra" not yours, not your friends, MY supra lol and i also said the things could be fixed lol

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
hey Fred.

Ive been following your channel... i do have to say that one of the last things you did shouldn't have been done - driving with that super blown turbo... you know you risk with engine when doing that.

anyway - keep up the supra. do more videos about it :p

Billybob9187

Mar 9, 2015
Stockton Ca
I really use to enjoy these videos because it gave me insight into my car and projects I wanted to do even tho PMM always seemed to go down the wrong path. It gave me something to look out for or what to avoid. When he started smashing a small undersized press to complain about it not pushing bushings in or out, his electrical gremlins and the botched water meth review I just gave up on the channel and unsubscribed. His channel probably was the biggest source of demotivating me from completing my rebuild. I know he got a job at some mustang site and wish him the best but what a let down because his channel had some serious potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk