1+ Year old beef patty, would you eat it?

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Well me and my friend are having the munchies at 3 a.m. We found these beef patties that were in his freezer from since he moved in.
THey were in their original packaging, frozen to like -40 C their entire life so to speak.
So what you think, safe? no safe?
edit. These patties seem to have become 2 times as thick for some reason.

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
well. i am a meat cutter... from experiance i bought a ribroast christmas of 2007 and didnt prepare it till august of 2008. and it was fine.. if there is any discoloration, GREEN(bactiria) i wouldnt eat it.

one way u can tell if its bad if u wake up in the morning and ull have the runniest shit ever.

if the meat is brown.. its still fine. alls that is, is just oxydation where the blood is out of the meat into the soaker pad. u tend to find 1-3 dollar of savings on those :)

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
You can store meat in the freezer for up to 1 year, as long as it was frozen before the expiration date...I've done that all my life, and have been just fine

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
the only thing you have to worry about is freezer burn... and that won't hurt you per-say, but it will taste like shit...

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
IJ.;1299203 said:
LOL seriously though if it was kept frozen for the entire year it'd be fine :)

That they were. Since he moved in as he didn't have anything else at the time, but then no one ever ate them lol.
We also found some Frozen beer in there (they obviously exploded from freezing, but would these be safe to drink now? :D

WhtMa71;1299237 said:
Except for the terrible diarrhea and vomiting you'll be getting later tonight.

Nope, if i were to get anything like that it would have happened by now, 14 hours and 3 meals later ;)

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
nom nom nom nom nom nom nom tasty tasty

om-nom-nom-nom.jpg

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
as long as it's been frozen the entire year! I ate a burger last week that became partially unfrozen, then frozen again and in a freeze for a year. I thought "meh, it's still cool should be fine" and threw it in the freezer, where it sat for a year. needless to say, I got massive food poisoning and spent the following day throwing up and with the runs! hell, I even did both at once at one point!