YOUR Supra... Is it FUN to DRIVE?

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Yeah, even though im auto and n/a......2 n/a engines......3 auto trans.....3 sets of brake calipers and lines...and 2 control arms later.....I still love it and drive it everyday. Even though i've yet to get my turbo engine done. I will have boost sometime soon and im sure it's gonna be even more fun to drive.

I'm a guy....it's in my genes to drive fast and have grease under my nails

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I can't say I enjoy driving my Supra around town, being that I don't have a tune and the R154 being a rough vibrant piece of work. BUT I love driving the Supra fast on the track it could be my upgraded 13" Cobra brakes and full poly suspension that don't make this thing feel like such a body rolling slouch, I also love 0-140+ racing.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Mine is almost to much for the street, I enjoy driving it around a bit but the exhaust will give you a headache cruising on the hwy. The fuel Pumps are loud and the clutch is a bitch to drive.....so yeah its fun to drive.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Burned and Crashed Today:3d_frown::cry::icon_evil

In the shop and getting it all fix up again:aigo::evil2::love::biglaugh:

So i can do it AGAIN....:1zhelp::nono::sarcasm:

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Well i'm drunk so all i can say is Crisp needs to write a book, as he is so clever with his words. I'm just going to say that sometimes i park my soop in the shed and just stare at it for minutes at a time , then break into a smile and remember the shit heaps i owned before it. Some good some really bad!
What takes away from my enjoyment is the increasing police population in my local area for some bizarre reason as they seem to be useing it for a training ground and my car is a constant target.
I love my car and it's looks make me hard, in a perfect world where there are no cops and i can go as fast as i want with no consequence my supra is my automotive vagina......!!!!!!!!!

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
wiseco7mgt;1369793 said:
I love my car and it's looks make me hard, in a perfect world where there are no cops and i can go as fast as i want with no consequence my supra is my automotive vagina......!!!!!!!!!

^^^ That line is a KEEPER!;)

-crisp

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Having just posted an account of several enterprising encounters with... er... OTHER genre of MUSCLE (in my "crispography... build thread...) and considering the changes to my car since I FIRST posted this thread and open inquiry to the greater group... I'm reminded once again of just how much PLEASURE driving my Supra brings into my life!!!

For those who hadn't yet considered the original question, try the first post on for size and/or just share a little snapshot into YOUR personal experience with your Supra driving pleasures!;)

-crisp

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
im a twenty two year old, with one two year old and another on the way in march, a beautiful wife, i started with a pretty bad, bhg, 87 turbo about four years ago, and already own three, one of which is somewhere between 500-600 whp,

i have honestly wondered sometimes if having a mistress woulda been easier to defend lol, but fuck yes, i have 5 other types of cars and nothing compares including my newer stuff such as 05 TL and 06 Si both are highly modified, but the supras, even the NA take the cake,

i think all cars have a sort of personality but we literally communicate on a different level, im sure all of you know what i mean, its amazing isnt it??????

oh and a boost boner is fun too, especially when your wife goes YAAAAAYYY when you end up sideways and you were just intending on turning lol, freaking intersections lol

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
day by day, month by month, and year by year, the supra seems to just get better and better with age.

there are things that annoy me about my car, but I tend to fix them slowly but surely.. and with each thing I fix, the drive becomes more and more satisfying. at the same time, I learned a long time ago to look past the faults and to simply enjoy the engineering marvel that this car was and arguably still is.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
I hate to admit it, but it is fun to drive.

Sometimes I think about how much money I have spent on this car, and the other newer cars I could own for the same money. Despite the headaches, when it comes down to it, I enjoy my car despite its vast number of flaws.

One day it will be the car I want it to be...

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hell I'm the original owner of my 1990 MKIII that now has a 2jz in it that I swapped myself. I have had more than my fair share of misfortunes with the car.....But DAMN if I don't feel great after the smallest drive and a little boost!

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
My '87 was the first Ive ever driven. I waited months to get it running from just a roller and a pile of parts and it was worth every minute. Im very pleased with the handling, comfort and power of a BPU Supra. Im now going through withdrawl since it has been sitting the past few months getting the body work done. Even looking the way it did I always managed to get a compliment, I cant wait until its painted.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Even after the accident and the last post almost 2 years ago, every time she spools up I get a grin a mile wide on my face. I still feel the same way, wouldn't trade my time driving the poopra for anything.