YOUR Supra... Is it FUN to DRIVE?

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
When it's off the road and broken: frustrated, hate, anger, anguish, mourning, weeping and gnashing of teeth

Step in and take it for a spin and it all goes away because you realize after 2 minutes of driving that car, it's worth the working on it and staring at it in the driveway for 2 years.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
It was fun when I bought it but I soon got bored. I added wheels and some other performance mods and it was fun again. However, it soon became boring again. So I added suspension, better wheels and other mods. It was fun again. You see where I'm going with this. Right now the car is boring. However, soon I will have my good wheels refinished and a big brake kit. Hope that tides me over until next year...

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
Not right now,I have a wheel vibration up front @ 60 mph,left rear strut needs to be replaced,bald tire on right rear,still can't get my DDPR on without blowing a chunk of money on a new cat back.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love pegging 6k on the tach, hitting 80 in 3rd gear then getting pulled back in my seat when I hit 4th, and yes I am N/A.
Just in case something did not come across clear....

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:naughty:

scooter

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Sawbladz;1360731 said:
It was fun when I bought it but I soon got bored. I added wheels and some other performance mods and it was fun again. However, it soon became boring again. So I added suspension, better wheels and other mods. It was fun again. You see where I'm going with this. Right now the car is boring. However, soon I will have my good wheels refinished and a big brake kit. Hope that tides me over until next year...

ha ha ha...tell me about it...right now i want big brakes cuz I cant stop and it's scary to have fun with my car at this point.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
T701jz;1360934 said:
ha ha ha...tell me about it...right now i want big brakes cuz I cant stop and it's scary to have fun with my car at this point.

^^^ That same issue led me to Andy at ARZ and the Wilwood's. Now it's REALLY FUN without being DEATH DEFYING on every drive!:biglaugh:

-crisp

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
Today impressed me. I've been driving the car around a bit lately (it gets maybe 2-3k a year) and decided to take it over to a friends house to finally show him what it was like. First pull was 2nd and 3rd on the wastegate, .9bar. The next run was 2-4th at 18psi, high 400's rwhp. Just before the speedo crested 100 I heard "yeah that's enough". Funny as that's usually where people say that yet I'm usually set to let off at 100. Anyways, she ran very smooth, very well, very strong, as I was showing her off.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
I'm very choosy when i mod my cars now... the mk3 was just too wild.. i'm not looking for 10000 hp.
I want maximum hp with minimal discomfort. Meaning no more stright though 3"/4" exhausts... Cats are a must. No solid motor mounts, no hard suspension. ect. having suspension that is uber stiff is mildy better at the track then a properly setup softer setup. giving up 20-30 HP for a cat to get rid of the constant stink of exhaust wafting back isn't a sacrifice IMO

Last edited:

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Sawbladz;1360731 said:
It is an addiction. Coke or hookers might actually be cheaper :biglaugh:

I must admit, adding over 100hp with a bigger T4 turbo and methanol kit, along with 13" brakes all around has really transformed the car. It went from boring to drive, and unsafe to stop, to "holy shit this car rocks!"

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
tekdeus;1361044 said:
It is an addiction. Coke or hookers might actually be cheaper :biglaugh:

I must admit, adding over 100hp with a bigger T4 turbo and methanol kit, along with 13" brakes all around has really transformed the car. It went from boring to drive, and unsafe to stop, to "holy shit this car rocks!"

Jealous....I'll get my brakes done some time this year...I want your wing!

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
SupraOfDoom;1360282 said:
It would be fun if it was a toy and not a daily. I'm too concerned with things breaking or wearing so I baby the shit out of it.

dude, i daily my supra, drag race it, autocross it, and its my only car. :aigo:

i know everyone on here might say i'm crazy but i had another back up car before that wasn't even that bad a 94 mazda 626. it had a dohc 2.5 v6 with a 5spd, yet it just sat collecting dust so i sold it. if you treat your car right it will do the same for you. supraofdoom i'm sure you take good care of you car so i say don't be too worried about it since these cars when maintained are hella durable. :icon_bigg

yesterday i took my car down 101 for a drive. i haven't driven it since june 8th because i have been on vacation in oahu. and after not driving it for so long the rush of flying down the hwy form 60-130ish is hard to beat...:biglaugh:

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
Is it fun to drive...well as it has become clear on the Thread so far.... YES it is fun.....When its not under the knife :icon_razz

I rock a Black 88 Targa Turbo with a Burgandy interior :icon_razz It has basicly become part of my soul. I drive it everyday (i think im going def because of it) to and from work, around town, on road trips. It just goes. Well after about 4g's to get it to this point hahaha. Everything works, it has very little rust. Its been slightly modded (but i am feeling the urge for MORE BOOST :icon_razz ) right now sitting at an K&N intake, custom 3in exhaust, custom short cut short shifter, and its lowered 1in. Its a joy to drive. It will still pull on alot of cars even for an old girl :icon_razz . But all in all its my car and i love it to pieces :evil2:

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
without a dout its fun to drive. Use to go driving in it if i was pissed off or had a shitty day or what ever and no matter how bad a mood i was in it always made me smile. even working one it brings a small smile to my face. more so when you take that second to stand back and look at her with her curvey body, perfect smile and beautiful ass.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
silent_sniper;1368637 said:
...even working one it brings a small smile to my face.

I've found that the longer I own it (over 14 years, and it's my THIRD supra!) and the MORE I work on it and modify it and become familiar with it... the more I enjoy the car.;)

-crisp

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
It's not fun to drive anymore. I drive it every day about. It has issues. It's slow. I've been beaten by fricken Civics for crying out loud...

Now when I get it turbo'd... :evil2:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
of course I enjoyed the supra!!, both turbo models I owned, and even the n/a hardtop! The '89 turbo targa was a battle tank! but so much fun to drive, especially on those cool summer nights... i'd cruise down the country roads w/ cruise control on, and sit on top of my driver seat half-way out the roof... the n/a hardtop was to be a project stripdown, and recieved a whole turbo drivetrain, and was about to ascend to garage kept, show/race car glory when it got stolen... of course, being a project car AND my DD, it stripped me of every cent I had... it was when I sent her off to receive a roll cage that she got stolen, so, no car, no supra, no money for me, lol... kinda depressing, but nothin you can do about it, except start over again.... then again, I havn't had steady work since 07 so, we'll see what heppens, lol.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Poodles;1359321 said:
Sitting in stop and go traffic in 100+ degree weather without A/C, nope, hate the bitch...

Beautiful summer night with the top off and open highways, oh hell yes, it's the experience that makes me keep the car.

My car may look like shit and not be as good as it should be, but she's MINE and I have the scars to prove it.

hell yeh, gotta agree with you there... especially the part about sitting in stop and go traffic in 100+ degree weather without a/c, lol... that really blows... and i've experienced 3 summers of that, lol. supra ran like a dog in the summer too... NO get up and go. :nono:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
tekdeus;1361044 said:

just want to say your car is, I'm sure VASTLY improved from what my (close to stock) car was, but I wanted to say... over 100hp can be added with minor bolt-on parts and tuning implements, and just brembo crossdrilled rotors and carbon/ceramic pads made a dramatic improvement over the stock configuration.... needless to say, I was pleased with the money I spent... and like you said "It went from boring to drive, and unsafe to stop, to "holy shit this car rocks!""