You know you're a Supra owner when...

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
When you get on a forum thats been up for 2 months and have close to 800 post?? wait thats not having a life ;)

hahaha

You know your a supra owner when... even when shes broken down you still sit in her and think back of the good ole days while driving her and then your girlfriend yells for you to get out...?? not good lol

You know your a supra owner when your rod goes after you replace the HG.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
IJ. said:
You catch the smallest glimpse of a Supra in a movie/TV/mag and you know it's a Supra!

Then you rewind and find out it was really a probe.

haha you know your a supra owner when you see another mk3 and follow it just to watch it drive.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
"You think of head gasket problems as something normal - like it's part of nature"

"The domestic guys don't call you a ricer"

"You beat the Honda guys while 'racing' around town without knowing it"

"Your exhaust piping is between 3 and 4 inches, your muffler tip is between 4 and 5 inches - and you need it that way"

"The J-Spec version of your engine is not as good as the US equivalent" [2JZ guys]

"You smirk at the word 'backpressure' "

"You don't need AC because you have a targa, power windows and at least 6psi"

"You don't need a stereo"

"You associate your right foot with good times"

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
You know when you are a Supra FAN when you park it in the furthest parking spot available just so you can see it more on the way back as you walk towards it....wow, I really loved that car...I used to have a favorite angle too, from its 10 O'clock position (left by front left)...[tony just got inspired there for a minute]

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
drunk_medic said:
"You associate your right foot with good times"

ShagsSupra said:
You know your a supra owner when... even when shes broken down you still sit in her and think back of the good ole days while driving her and then your girlfriend yells for you to get out...?? not good lol

haha good times and good ole days = same to meh.

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
ShagsSupra said:
You know your a supra owner when... even when she's broken down you still sit in her and think back of the good ole days while driving her and then your girlfriend yells for you to get out.
I know that feeling all too well lol...

drunk_medic said:
"Your exhaust piping is between 3 and 4 inches, your muffler tip is between 4 and 5 inches - and you need it that way"
ROFL....

"...the Head Gasket goes and AAA asks how much you were boosting THIS time."

"...rebuilding the motor isn't work, it's a time-honored tradition."

"...you can recall parts by their catalog #."

"...when you feel a huge sense of mixed pride/pity whenever and wherever you see a Supra.. Pride because it's a Supra.. Pity because you know EXACTLY what the owner is going through."

I feel more Pride than pity, cause if it's on the street at least it runs!

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
"...you tell someone you have an MK3 Supra, then immediately follow up, it's a Single Turbo."

cause you know, they'll invariably ask "Is it Twin Turbo?"

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Tony Mawad said:
You know when you are a Supra FAN when you park it in the furthest parking spot available just so you can see it more on the way back as you walk towards it....wow, I really loved that car...I used to have a favorite angle too, from its 10 O'clock position (left by front left)...[tony just got inspired there for a minute]

So true. I look at my car over my shoulder as I leave and stare at it on my way back. I like Supras. :sonic:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
IJ. said:
You have to explain it's a Mk3 Supra Not a Celica and no it's not the same as the one in the movie! (F&F)

I need to NOT talk about my car from now on, because I ALWAYS have to explain that. I may love the MkIV engine and drivetrain, but I'm starting to hate the rest about it, just because it makes people think less of my car.

I will be talking about my car to someone who knows me and knows my plans, and someone else will be in the area and ask: "What kind of car do you have?"
"A Toyota Supra"
"Oh yeah? Nice!"
"It's an older body style - not the one you are thinking of."
"Oh.."

You should hear the voice change - it's terrible.

rpk2012

F' LHD
Apr 4, 2005
Lubbock, Tx
drunk_medic said:
I will be talking about my car to someone who knows me and knows my plans, and someone else will be in the area and ask: "What kind of car do you have?"
"A Toyota Supra"
"Oh yeah? Nice!"
"Oh.."

This is so damn true. I just stoped telling em it was the older version, so I let them think what they want.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
.... at 4am your factory alarm goes off for no reason and you wake up and tell yourself you got to fix that.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
drunk_medic said:
I need to NOT talk about my car from now on, because I ALWAYS have to explain that. I may love the MkIV engine and drivetrain, but I'm starting to hate the rest about it, just because it makes people think less of my car.

"A Toyota Supra"
"Oh yeah? Nice!"
"Oh.."

I just tell people, it's THAT Supras BIG brother. I usually get a diffrent reaction than the typical disappointed "oh"

You know your a supra owner when you regard a BHG with the same attention as routine maintenance on your car and not a major engine disaster.

Darkcyde

Workin' Man
Mar 30, 2005
La Villa Strangiato
Re: *You know you're a Supra owner when.......*

You're garage looks like this @ 1:30 a.m.

sm_photo_missing.jpg