WotLK

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
In an instance you should be healing and controlling your agro. Smite would be wasting your mana, so I could kinda understand, but as long as your party isn't wiping, you're fine.

My original Pally was holy way back before the first expansion when holy was unheard of. Holy shock was the only ranged attack pallies had, and I killed quite a few people by using it when they didn't expect such an attack.

Now my second pally on the PvP server was Protection spec (Redoubt + Reckoning + Holy Shield = FTMFW).

Then I rolled a lock alt and well...he became my main and I see why people love locks. I usually rape locks in the battlegrounds, and uless you're twinked out or over my level I usually win.

Get into the battlegrounds, get the marks, and buy the gear. It's not the best for PvE, but you'll rip people apart in battlegrounds and it's damn good gear even including the Outlands gear...

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Poodles;1183126 said:
In an instance you should be healing and controlling your agro. Smite would be wasting your mana, so I could kinda understand, but as long as your party isn't wiping, you're fine.

My original Pally was holy way back before the first expansion when holy was unheard of. Holy shock was the only ranged attack pallies had, and I killed quite a few people by using it when they didn't expect such an attack.

Now my second pally on the PvP server was Protection spec (Redoubt + Reckoning + Holy Shield = FTMFW).

Then I rolled a lock alt and well...he became my main and I see why people love locks. I usually rape locks in the battlegrounds, and uless you're twinked out or over my level I usually win.

Get into the battlegrounds, get the marks, and buy the gear. It's not the best for PvE, but you'll rip people apart in battlegrounds and it's damn good gear even including the Outlands gear...

There is a saying about Warlocks - "Roll your face across the keyboard and you'll win."
I don't know if it's THAT easy, but I hear it is not a difficult class to PvP.

As for Paladins, since the last patch Retribution Pallies have been owning.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well... I wouldn't say it's easy in PvP as a lock as you have to manage your demon, life, mana, ect... you're very busy. I usually get hunted by all the rogues and cat form druids in battlegrounds. Of course I make my demon sit off to the side and when I'm attacked and stunned, he charges in stunning the idiot rogue. After that I have to kite the bastard and hope he's alone.

Ret pallies blow chunks, I've always oned them consistently with all my character because while they can do tons of melee damage, they can't take the abuse like a protection pally, or heal and control their mana like a holy pally.

Pally is about outlasting, and if you run out of mana you're FUCKED.