WotLK

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
mkiiSupraMan18;1180061 said:
Ques ftl...

I've already had DK problems from the lame-ass horde... actually managed to kill 2 of them. They must have been 5 year olds.

Is any of the exspansion available to close-to-but-not-quite-70?

saw lvl 68's out there, so I was curious. Ran my lvl 10 bank alt out there without a problem. Now if you can kill the stuff, thats another story, If you're close to 68 you shouldn't have problems.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Ehh, it is fail as far as I am concerned. When the private server patches up to it, i will probably just quit wow, or find a good PRE-BC server, and run around with a strength rogue.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Murd;1180123 said:
Put in you Key on the indicated site to upgrade your account, go to account management, then download game, you can select wrath of the lich king for download. 1.9 gig file.

good idea, but still doesn't fix my dvd drive...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Murd;1180672 said:
No but it'll keep your mind off it till you get a new one! :icon_bigg

lol, so good news...

I did what you said and tried to update it via the net... the DLer wouldn't work and I couldnt play bc I didnt have the expansion on my computer, thought I was SCREWED... clicked my computer and noticed my D: was alive. Been working fine since.

I had uninstalled/disabled/enabled/restarted probably 10x, switched ports on the mobo, drop kicked the computer/gave up home... and it just decides it's off of its lunch break.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
After seeing what else the game offers...it's looks seriously tempting.

Does it come with 30 free days like the last expansion did? Don't really want to buy the game and then have to buy a game card...

Can you start a Deathknight at lvl 1? Or do you have to start at 55?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Aww, that kinda sucks, was kinda looking forward to running VC and finding out how the character played a bit better.

Then again, they kind of hinted at that as he starts with plate armor...

What about a gamecard, will I need to buy one?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
No more twinking in the new patches, im kinda upset @ wow.
Although, I did play a DK today on a friends account. They are quite addicting.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Poodles;1182110 said:
Well, hell, that would actually be good for me...

Twinks are gay anyway LOL

WTF else is there to do when you get bored of pve and you havent hit max yet?

Shit, I have more fun on the little 19 huntard than I do on any other toon, on any (including private) server. Nothing like 1khp 1100mana on a lvl 19, not even fully twinked.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Are you on a PvE or PvP server?

PvP and you're never bored, and I was working towards getting my PvP gear so the EXP wouldn't hurt me...

Not that you didn't get EXP before anyway for doing the quests in the battlegrounds...

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
foreverpsycotic;1182116 said:
WTF else is there to do when you get bored of pve and you havent hit max yet?

Shit, I have more fun on the little 19 huntard than I do on any other toon, on any (including private) server. Nothing like 1khp 1100mana on a lvl 19, not even fully twinked.

Tell me you were bored with PvE content before this XP and I'd be likely to call you out. Most people didn't complete Hyjal, Black Temple or Sunwell Plateau until after the major nerf a month ago. The average raider had trouble progressing beyond Karazhan, and would try to do the first couple bosses in Zul'Aman because they couldn't hack it in SSC and TK.

Most people who were bored with PvE were bored because they:
#1: Weren't in a guild that was any good
#2: Relied upon PUGs to try and progress [who were never prepared]
#3: Didn't know their class[es] or what specs were best for max damage/healing/etc [whatever their raid utility] in PvE
#4: Never brought raid consumables and weren't prepared to do their best
#5: Had no patience or wouldn't read boss strategies

There are more reasons, of course, but my main point is you can't bitch about PvE unless you have cleared it all - and few [compared to the WoW population as a whole] have done that.