Why don't more MK3's Drag race?

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
ricerkid;1518953 said:
well i have acess to a video camera and will post up the timelips... let's see if my dream comes true

sweet!! post up the vids when you get them. never ran mine when it was n/a, got beat by a v6 rustang on the hwy from a 60 roll and that was enough for me to not bring it to the track.......lol

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
frontierguy25;1520412 said:
The block was just decked in May when I did the rebuild and they are going to deck it again if it needs it as well as the head.. So hopefully I can get this done this weekend.. I'll have it back by friday with all my other parts! Just wanna get some tuning with this thing before I go to Houston..

My only problem is the Freekin SNOW . Go Figure

rustfarmer

Jul 20, 2009
Centerville, TN
You do know these cars have independent rear suspension and are kind of sport cars made to handle, so why would anyone want to drive one in a straight line? Fast is fun, but why not the twisties?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
rustfarmer;1521636 said:
You do know these cars have independent rear suspension and are kind of sport cars made to handle, so why would anyone want to drive one in a straight line? Fast is fun, but why not the twisties?

That would belong in another thread, titled something like, "Why don't more MK3's autocross?" which you should probably start, if you want to discuss it.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Gotta house next door for sale here in South Ga. Plus got a full concrete 1/4 mile NHRA drag strip. OPEN YEAR ROUND. Its only close to 60* today so you kinda need to roll the windows down.

As for Drag Racing, Mine is gonna live to race from a stand still. DAMN the roll and go. Thats not racing.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Too bad we were the only SUPRA'S running in ETOWN . We didnt get a trophy but Enjoyed the ups and downs, Then drove home . See you again soon Jolliroger4 . Lets do TEXAS . LOL

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
My local track opened today. I'll be going tomorrow for test and tune. Just hope I don't break anything since it's 45 mins away.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
joliroger4;1526681 said:
Yeah, I don't know man, I am having second thoughts. I just don't feel prepared.
# 2 GROUP is very tough too . So was STREETWARS #1 ,but still fun. Atleast you know how to take a bug out of a rug OK

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I hope you guys can make it down! I'll be there I know a couple others will too... I hope we have a good turn out in tx

Mike Morris

May 4, 2008
MD/DC
I been drag racing and street racing mine for years. Stick shift car
Hoping for 10s this year with stock shortblock, no N20 with drs and a stickshift