Who wants to move to Australia?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
GrimJack;1779091 said:
Pros:
- Being surrounded by one of the best accents on the planet.
- Climate.
- Kangaroos.
- Boomerangs.

Cons:
- Stupid government... worse than what I have now, anyway.
- Stupid road rules.
- Poison. Damn continent has the largest number of poisonous critters... in the world.
- Giant insects, i.e. spiders should not grow large enough to seriously threaten small dogs.
Two days a go i was about to leave for work and there was a red belly black snake in the doorway of my shed, last week we had one slither into our stockroom and hide under one of our boxes. The damn things are on the move now it's getting warmer so they are everywhere.
http://www.wildlifeqld.com.au/images/Red-bellied-Black-snake.jpg
like this.!

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Supracentral;1779046 said:
Ian doesn't play well with others, so he spends most of his time playing with himself...

I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress...

HAHAHAHA! It all makes sense now!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
wiseco7mgt;1779136 said:
Two days a go i was about to leave for work and there was a red belly black snake in the doorway of my shed, last week we had one slither into our stockroom and hide under one of our boxes. The damn things are on the move now it's getting warmer so they are everywhere.
http://www.wildlifeqld.com.au/images/Red-bellied-Black-snake.jpg
like this.!
Moved to the Bush a bit over a year ago now, haven't seen a single Snake, EVERY other type of creepy crawly but no Snakes ;)
(I have a long handle shovel at the back door just in case though)

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
Yeah, I'm way late to this one. But nd oilfields aren't the only places hiring, and paying the bucks. I do just fine in the tx panhandle. And I spend my nights in my home, not some man camp. The work is mind-numbing, and hours are long. Pay depends on who you work for. Water trucks here make about 40-50 a year, with a reasonable working schedule. Typical crude haulers are in the 60-90k a year range, depending on your ambition. My company pays a percentage. I get a quarter share of what the truck grosses. Not to brag,but my truck generates 4-500k a year. But we don't hire rookies, and we earn every penny of it.

Show up at my doorstep tonight, with a cdl and tanker endorsement, ill have you making 50k a year tomorrow. Bring a hazmat endorsement, and a little time behind the wheel, and the sky is the limit.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk