What did you do to your supra today? Pics

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Grandavi;1948250 said:
Holy crap... what do they do.. 50/50 water/petrol gas in your state??

Haha I hope not but no I bought this car not running and known to the person I bought it from it was sitting for a few years and had sat for another 1.5 year since I've had it. Assuming there was no fuel in there at all it was all rusted and tons of mineral build up. In the process of cleaning up the tank now but I will probably buy a tank locally from a member on here. But yea it was nasttyyyy!

Now before everyone goes into "why did you buy a shitty car that sat for a long time"

It was listed as a 92 for 700...but it was a 91 turbo, modded and had around $2000 worth of parts that I sold it all and only paid $350 for the car. I had to rescue this Gem from the guy that didn't know wtf he had.

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
Can't blame you for jumping on that deal. Paid 1500 for mine, got ran into, insurance cut a check cut for 3000 lol. Free car. Body shop wanted 3200 to fix it so I just spent it on fixing both cars.

leezymk3

Sep 1, 2012
nashville
This what I got for my car
p1948690_1.jpg

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
My dumb ass just left the driver window down on my supra through a really bad thunder storm. My seat and door panel are soaked...

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Jarvis

May 14, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
Took off the old worn out leather seat covers that were on the car when I bought it, and replaced them with some new Wet Okole neoprene covers. For the price I'm pretty happy with the result!

Attachments

• Covers (1)1.jpg
    Covers (1)1.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 30
  • Covers (4)1.jpg
    Covers (4)1.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 35

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Jarvis;1949081 said:
Took off the old worn out leather seat covers that were on the car when I bought it, and replaced them with some new Wet Okole neoprene covers. For the price I'm pretty happy with the result!

Not bad looking actually, I bet those are better than leather on long rides. How much do those run?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Gave up (for now) on finding used parts needed to assemble my engine.

1 pin for the timing gear on the exhaust cam (5mmX13mm) bought at dealer (Special order, go figure) for $3.91

2X fuel rail standoffs (Will salvage from '89.)

Tomorrow, the pin is supposed to be in, so the plan is to get the timing belt installed. Still missing the Woodruff key for the crank pulley, but again, I'll probably salvage that from the '89. Also, the crank pulley doesn't need to be installed until the engine is ready to drop in, so I'm not panicked about it. Let's get it assembled to the point where that will matter first!

Speaking of salvage from the '89, I'll probably pull the motor out of that this weekend. Haven't really got a place to PUT it, which is a potential problem, but I need some stuff off of it, and it's so much easier to do if it's not in the car. I think. Still, I don't want to do major disassembly on it yet, and as mentioned, I haven't got anywhere to put it, so I'll probably have to take parts that can be removed while it's hanging from the hoist. The fuel rail standoffs are probably about as involved as I dare.