What did you do to your supra today? Pics

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
bluebullet89;1883670 said:
Got all my goodies in the mail, :) now to spend the next two weeks cleaning, installing, tweaking, tuning, and getting her all put together. I'm gonna start a build thread and go back as far as i can to show the progress of my car. It's like Christmas right now :D

p1883948_1.jpg

p1883948_2.jpg

aint no better feeling then wasting all your money on some parts and rushing home just to see them :)

AquaX

Sep 5, 2011
Cambridge

2jz bolted in now im just saving for a new clutch some r154 parts over winter. t67 turbo is going on in a few weeks :) and also in the process of doing megasquirt. This project is draining me until I can find another job keep in mind im working on $12 an hour with 20 hours at best in a week!

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Since we are comparing penises... Lol. This baby is in my 91.

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350618185711.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350618185711.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 25

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
She slams you back in your seat :) Can't wait to finish the 90 so I can start rebuilding the 91. Just need ARP studs and a 2.4mm head gasket, and misc gaskets. Think that's it, of course something else will probably turn up with my luck. Hey Doat, where did you purchase your composite HG?

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Yours was just a stock size huh? I'll have to go down there tomorrow and see if they can get a 2.4mm... I'd go metal but I need to double check with the machine shop what their RA finish was. That and I need to get my timing cover to match because, yes, I forgot to mount it when I had it machined. Self face palm...

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Numba1Stuna;1884667 said:
Yours was just a stock size huh? I'll have to go down there tomorrow and see if they can get a 2.4mm... I'd go metal but I need to double check with the machine shop what their RA finish was. That and I need to get my timing cover to match because, yes, I forgot to mount it when I had it machined. Self face palm...

You can't get a thicker composite gasket. Only metal gaskets come in different sizes

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Orion ZyGarian;1883644 said:
Bleh, go figure. Here's the best pics I have since I polished it:
Turns out you CAN polish a turd! :p Just kidding man, looks good, bet your elbow is sore though...

Orion ZyGarian;1883674 said:
Thanks man. It helps to start with a car that has a clearcoat and that isnt completely shot--you can see my Miata daily poking out in one of the pics that is pretty much pink its so faded.
You know, I always said I would rock a Pink Miata if it had a 1000 hp that was useable under the hood. That you're almost doing it though (minus all the power), I dare say, you might be more a man than my chiseled visage. :rofl: I mean, I know it's your DD, but if it gets that bad, I would consider rattle canning it, or putting some time into it. Much as I love how much fun the Miata is, I don't think I could rock one with faded red paint myself. My friends are brutal enough as it is. :p

240Krystin;1883705 said:
I can't leave the front that low right now. Every bump I hit, the tires rub. Once I pull the motor again for the head gasket ill start looking for different wheels for a better figment then figure out how low I can go! This is not my daily, so she's going to be SLAMMED! :) I have several other cars to daily. I'm starting to look for parts for the head gasket now, but working full time, being in nursing school full time and being a mom really kicks my ass. I don't have time or money for a whole lot of anything!
Hang in there, might seem like hell now, but in a few years, all the hard work should pay off nicely. My friend's wife was in similar shoes a while back, and she probably makes more than anyone else I know our age, save for maybe one of our friends. :)

Long as you figure out a way to make the kid seat work with the cool cars once in a while, you'll never get any flak from me. My mom drove me around in a Trans Am, I don't see why everyone refuses to drive anything cool once they have kids...

Turbo Habanero;1884378 said:
Finally got the engine in. More pics in my build thread
Dumbass, now it's gonna be harder to push around and look cool at 7-11. :rofl:

Did a two tone from what I can tell? I like the look on the Mk3.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Installed my Hallman just now. It's really hard finding out where I want the knob inside the car. For now it's in the shifter hole. Lol. Tomorrow I'll hopefully weld my intercooler pipe back up with my new tial replica so I can go play with a corvette tomorrow night.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I would just go for metal since you have that big ass turbo rather be safe than sorry with a proper metal gasket and make sure the block and head are flat and such get some ARP head studs done deal. Turn that boost up to 1042455123psi lol