What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
I was wondering the same thing... Nos? Meth? Trairl light cut out switch?

Today I measured the size of my block and head to determine the right size head gasket. Need one that is 2.4mm thick... Anyone got one for sale?

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk 2

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Doat;1883328 said:
What the tits does that switch do?

After payday I am going to order some parts to get my MK3 running without a tiny coolant leak and replacing the turbo inlet hose with a silicone one and maybe some goodies but right now I gotta do some maintenance work on her.

Numba1Stuna;1883336 said:

Today I measured the size of my block and head to determine the right size head gasket. Need one that is 2.4mm thick... Anyone got one for sale?

launch control my friends ;) i originally wanted to use the stock cruise control main switch on the steering wheel but after chasing wires with a multimeter i decided to bail that idea, but i still wanted something out of sight but cool so i came up with that little deal

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I love people's custom hidden switch that is a great place I don't see why they have that coin holder there unless it is meant for tollways.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Cleaned her and got some shots with a mate of mine few goodies on the way for my supra...

p1883487_1.jpg

p1883487_2.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Numba1Stuna;1883036 said:
I finally received my digital caliper in the mail today! Tomorrow I will begin measuring the head and the block so that I can calculate the right size head gasket. Finally another step towards completion!
At first I was wondering why in the world a caliper would be used, but I thought you were checking for straightness. Now I realize you were going for head thickness, right?

Orion ZyGarian;1883042 said:
Buffed and polished the 94 just now. It's night, so the pictures arent fantastic. I also put on the 19" Ro_Jas. Better pictures including ones of the wheels will have to wait until it is light out!
You know, waxing a car to that extent is kinda like anal. Sure, you're sore when it's done, and it's a pain in the ass for someone, but MAN is it worth it! :rofl:

Numba1Stuna;1883146 said:
Is that duct tape? Check this out. I got a set and was very happy with how it turned out.

ryan625;1883167 said:
yup, blue duct tape! it works for now, I need to get new padding on it too...that thing is pretty worked
Guys, we have a vendor on here named empera (Julio is his real name IIRC), he makes these, for a reasonable price, and you can select your color for the most part. I have a set in my car, and they look quite nice. I'll probably end up getting an arm rest as a spare from him one of these days.

oldsking;1883314 said:
Took mine for a drive today :)

http://youtu.be/72MajZrlFVk
All I want for Christmas is my two fron... err, my car to sound as good as a 7m. :)

BoostMonger;1883323 said:
:naughty:

[video=youtube_share;DYCz86Q7QJE]http://youtu.be/DYCz86Q7QJE[/video]
:evil2:
Hey, that's where I put my fan on/off switch. :)

Not a fan of compression huh? That seems rather thick, what are your plans? I know HKS and Cometic had a pretty nice range of sizes...

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.

hmm, Sounds like you need to deck that block another .020 and the head the same and get a 1.2mm gasket :) need moar compression!

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I needed a 2.0 mm head gasket. Using a 1.3 bumped my compression to 9:1. I can't imagine what a 2.4-2.6mm gasket reduced to a 1.2 would bump compression to...

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC...

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
Got all my goodies in the mail, :) now to spend the next two weeks cleaning, installing, tweaking, tuning, and getting her all put together. I'm gonna start a build thread and go back as far as i can to show the progress of my car. It's like Christmas right now :D

p1883670_1.jpg

p1883670_2.jpg

Last edited:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
ryansmith;1883661 said:
Dang that's clean nice work

Thanks man. It helps to start with a car that has a clearcoat and that isnt completely shot--you can see my Miata daily poking out in one of the pics that is pretty much pink its so faded.

In either case, it takes plenty of time and patience!

Oh, and I LOL'd Brad

Last edited:

240Krystin

May 9, 2012
Shreveport, La
te72;1882964 said:
That's about how my car looked when I first put the Stance coilovers on. Drove it around for a couple days for fun, raised it back up when I realized that I was within a few mm of the curb height going into my driveway... you gonna leave your car that low?
I can't leave the front that low right now. Every bump I hit, the tires rub. Once I pull the motor again for the head gasket ill start looking for different wheels for a better figment then figure out how low I can go! This is not my daily, so she's going to be SLAMMED! :) I have several other cars to daily. I'm starting to look for parts for the head gasket now, but working full time, being in nursing school full time and being a mom really kicks my ass. I don't have time or money for a whole lot of anything!

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Goodies arrived from Driftmotion.

p1883860_1.jpg

ARP Rod bolts, which I ordered, but since I've now installed my rods and pistons... Not sure what I'm going to do with them.

Walbro 255lph pump, in-line. I plan to install this further up the fuel line, since it's not the in-tank model, it will serve to ensure adequate fuel pressure.

Zeitronix Zt-2 datalogging system, with wideband O2 sensor.

Zeitronix Zr-2 multi display

Zeitronix 3.5 bar boost sensor (Will also double as input to the Apexi AVC-R)

Zeitronix EGT probe

Stock O2 sensor to Wideband adapter flange, so that I don't have to modify my existing elbow for the wideband.

My exhaust manifold already has a 1/4" NPT tap for the EGT, so no worries there. I just remove the plug that's in there and install the EGT probe. It's on the #6 runner, which should serve as a reasonable indication for EGT. I can tee in the 3.5 bar boost sensor for now. I'll tap in a sensor port on my new intake manifold though. I'll probably install the fuel pump while the engine is out. I should be able to put flared fittings on the hardline at the firewall.

I already have the ECU out to fit the Apexi stuff that I'm installing, so I'll start wiring in the Zeitronix unit now, I suppose.