What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
You need something that will hang around. Cigarette smoke won't do it. Check with your local parts house. They may be able to get a can of smoke if they make such a thing. We have a machine for it.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Doat;2006841 said:
You can get a fog machine but that is a bit pricey for just finding boost leaks.

Yeah coupled with pulling a prank on your other half when they work late and come into the house and there's a layer of smoky fog all through out it. Then it kinda makes a cheap one worth it IMO.

Chris

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I guess my mom has a fog machine.. May do the trick. Just need to somehow hook it up to the intake lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Backlash2032;2006870 said:
I guess my mom has a fog machine.. May do the trick. Just need to somehow hook it up to the intake lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Remove the BOV and hook to that section of charge pipe. Then after a few minutes of feeding fog in. Unhook and install BOV.

Chris

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
my buddy used cigarette smoke for his DSM and worked very well. we were able to see where the smoke comes out. i guess it depends how large lungs you have :D

MadRPM

Nov 9, 2012
Tampa
Trying to find a replacement floor pan for the trunk. Most of the MKIII I've looked are rusted at the same spot. *sigh*

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
From cylinders 1-6 oiling for cam shafts gets worse and worse. I mean for 1 cylinder its worn out but the 6th is very good . Is it common problem?

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Janch;2007029 said:
From cylinders 1-6 oiling for cam shafts gets worse and worse. I mean for 1 cylinder its worn out but the 6th is very good . Is it common problem?
yeah the wear happens up front because that's where it's driven from

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Got my rear driverside wheel straightened... (it was really out of round...). Found a good wheel guy for repairs very close to me... cost me 250.00 to fix the wheel, but very big difference now.
Also popped on hubcentric metal rings (didn't realise I didn't have them).

Took the car on the highway... wound it up to 195 kph... didn't take it past that.. cause.. well.. it was a public highway. I am going to have to find a flat place I can see what my top end is...

its funny how you get used to power fairly fast. It just starts to feel normal... (then you jump in your DD and go.. hmm.. slow... )

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I was on my way to a friend's place and this maxima came next to me I look over and see a guy and a girl in the girl both looking at me and he signals he wants to run. I downshift and give him the move and leave him very quickly behind by the time I hit fourth he is bus lengths behind me; of course, if you win any race you have to put on your hazards. He came back next to me and gave me a thumbs up fun little run.

In the morning I am going to remove my rear driver side wheel to see what is making a metallic cling sound when I am driving 0-10mph very annoying and worrying. Luckily I plan to replace most of my suspension soon.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Chris_87_Turbo;2007271 said:
Before you remove it. Jack up the wheel and spin it while listening. It's handy if you have a friend to spin the wheel while you listen.

Chris

Good tip I'll try that thanks