What color rims with my black mk3?

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Mercury Silver aka bright as shit silver... would look unreal IMO.

shaeff, you're lucky I don't know off the top of my head about the rhino, else spelling police would be all over that ;)

-J

robeats91t

237lbs. of Ballast
Jun 4, 2005
Tampa, FL
LMAO @ the Knight Rider comment. I realized after I knocked black wheels in my initial post how a silver lip could really make it look great. I love the way those rims look, and I like that they're not uber-blingy. I don't think that chrome or fat polished lips look right on the Supra, but hey, that's just me.

Black on black does look hot, I was surprised how much I liked that pic, theKnifeArtist

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
wet sanding works great for polishing. use a very fine grit for the final polish and then use some mothers polish.

warning! : don't get any of the aluminum residue in any cuts, and wash your hands very well when your done. don't use something like fast orange, just rinse your hands first, then use soap or fast orange.

the reason for wet sanding is to reduce dust. aluminum dust is extreemly harmful to your lungs! the wet aluminum dust, or residue, is only harmfil if it is injested or enters the bloodstream.

don't let it dry on your hands, or get into any cuts and you'll be fine.

-dustin

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
so i did some photoshopping and i think im gonna do the black with the polished lip. looks pretty good virtually, its gotta look good in person :bigthumb:

7Mk3_91

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose
Here's a pic of my car:

316175_61_full.jpg

I would say either black/polished lip or full polished (if you keep it clean) is the way to go with a black MK3.