What color rims with my black mk3?

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
oh man...now that is really nice...
but i dont know how it would look on my car cuz my paint isnt as perfect as that...i will consider it tho....hmm...

ya see thats risky...
it can come out really fuggin sweet...
or it could lcome out yay-ricey status

hmm now how to photoshop this on my car...

Last edited:

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
yeah. i am turbo.

ive been to that tirerack site. im pretty sure what kind of rim i want now..which is that late mk3 one...its just the color that im bothered by right now

Last edited:

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
:ugh: i knew that. :ugh:

i just sugested that for a color refrence. they have both black and gold/ bronze wheels there to see the way the colors look on a black mk3

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I was gonna say, if your Supra is turbo, and someone calls it rice with gold/bronze wheels, chances are their car is slower than yours. tell them to stfu. its that simple ;)

robeats91t

237lbs. of Ballast
Jun 4, 2005
Tampa, FL
I've never seen gold painted factory 5-spokes...They look really good on black in my opinion, and I usually don't like flash. Kinda makes me wish I had the money to find another set of 5-spokes and try it! :)

Actually I think I'd go just a tad bit darker--more like a brake-dusty gold color...I tried photoshopping it, but my ps skillz are d3-1337.

EDIT: theKnifeArtist, glad you've come to a decision on black w/ polished lip. I think it'd look great. I'm glad you didn't decide to go with the eBay rims--mainly because the offset on them would tuck them in more than the stock 37mm offset, something that I think gets overlooked many times when wheels are purchased. I love the MKIII 5-spokes more than aftermarket rims since you dont' have to worry about any spacing or hub-centric stuff--no hub rings or spacers needed to get that factory fit. If only they were 7.5" or 8" wide...

Attachments

• more_bronze.jpg
    more_bronze.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: