What are your Supra goals?

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Have a reliable DD 314 HP Supra, with parts I can buy from Toyota, until they run out of stock. Brought the Supra up to Toyota's usual reliability standard, after replacing their stock head gasket with an HKS stopper gasket and ARP head bolts, so now it's all about maintainance. In that vien, I had the radiator rodded out and also replaced the fan shroud, thermostat and rad cap, and fill with 50/50 PEG and water. Now the engine will stay reliably within design specs even on 100 degree days. Van

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
be able to drive it...
and then once that miracle happens i wanna attempt to push the ct-26 as far as it will go. and then upgrade to a 57trim, push that to the max, and then after that few years of time, upgrade to a SP57GT DBB and then call it a day. haha

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
terror;1075732 said:
make my supra DRIFT with around 400 horses and have it as my DD 240killer:icon_bigg

I second this notion, but I personally don't mind the fact that my paint is oxidized and i'm missing a few side mouldings and my front windshield is cracked, oh well. I'm an engine guy, I'll let the hondas and 240's pay for all that other stuff anyways, lol.

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
suprahero;1075888 said:
I would like mine to run for more than three months at a time without me tearing it back apart to change something. Is that really tooooo much to ask for?

Amen to that. People like to joke that my supra has literally been down more than running. Also when they ask "does it run," I have to explain to them the varying degrees of "running."

88SupraT

Boosting Supra
Apr 4, 2005
North Vancouver, B.C.
short term is to get the thing running again and have some fun with it for the remainder of the summer.

long term add big brakes and aluminum rad so that I can auto x periodically next summer or the one after.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
well lets see, I basically got phase 1 of my 1j project 1990 supra done, its super nice on the outside with the new paint job and fersh 1jz, I basically did wheels and tires, lowered it, smoked the lights, exhast and intake already so mostly my goal is to hit around 500whp-550whp, and I plan to keep the twin turbos, just make an upgrade to hks turbos or something like gt's not sure yet but Ill be keeping it for ever i think and the only goal so far is to just make it faster and handle better.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I want a torque monster, forget about hp I want 350-400ft lbs of torque. I want super low with great handing bare metal loud machine on the street. It has to stop on a dime, vibrate and make sounds that scares any one in the passenger seat.

I want it so ugly anyone who sees it wont think to steal it. Boy racers will shed tears on their clear coat when I leave them standing. Everything in the car that doesnt have a performance/safety function has no place in my car.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Short term: Make it reliable (95% there), get all the squeeks out, and get some fresh paint on it.

Long term: 350-450 whp garage kept weekend car. DD a honda or corolla

Or sell it and move on to something else.:sarcasm:

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
Short Term- Fix my oil leak, get some centercaps for my rear wheels
Intermediate- MHG (quiet down there, you people), fresh paint, get the dings out
Long term- 350rwhp, nothing to make it unreliable.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Ive reached all my short term goals. Made it a solid daily driver, no codes, no noises, feels great, looks good.

Long term goals: I want to retire it from DD status and do something unusual for a swap/upgrade (tubo 6M/1UZ/?). If it goes toy status I doubt I would ever be able to call it done. More likely, I will just play with it until I get bored and do something different.