What are your Supra goals?

black89targa

Banned - (I'm st2b!)
Jun 15, 2008
versailles
What are your goals with your Supra? Do you plan on building it to a certain point and keeping it there? Or do you plan to mod it until something blows or you lose interest and sell it? What will it take to satisfy your Supra needs?

Why?

I'll start.

With the 89 I plan on keeping everything stock, but clean to daily drive

And in the 87 I plan to drop a 1jzgte and R154 in it, single turbo upgrade it, and make about 370-450 rwhp.
Actually let me go in detail.

I want a comfortable Supra (Stock leather seats are fine). Something quiet at cruise. Something I can sit back and relax in with a good sound system. I want to be able to know and trust it, inside and out. Stock body with maybe a FMIC, rims and exhaust. CLEAN. Something I can floor, hear spool, hear open wastegate, be pushed back in the seat, and let off to hear a BOV (in order). Something that will get me up to 60 in a matter of a few seconds. Also decent on gas.

It's unique and a lot to ask for, but I'm working my ass off for it.

Let's hear it!

Last edited:

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
I just want to have a car that people go WOW at ....
I just want to have a car thats fun to drive.....
I want a car that i can play with in every aspect...engine.. trans rearend.... electronics body....
I want a convertable....targa is perfect....
I want a good handling car.... 4 wheel independ suspension :}
I want something that gets 22+ mpg with potintal of 30mpg....

I can think of a shit load of reasons to do what I do to my supra... they are not the best built but they tryed damn hard...and got a lot Right... I enjoy being diferant and so shall my car...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
The 89, I'm building it to be everything I want in a Supra. I want Show Quality Exterior, Flawless Interior, Superb Handling, and 370-450 HP out of the 7M. I'll daily drive it, and I want it to get great gas mileage and be very dependable. I need a tune and paint, then it will be 95 percent of all that. But, I haven't even started on suspension yet.

Then, I want a Stock Factory looking 92, that I can keep that way, and not drive except for on occasion. And, I want a 3rd one that I can motor swap to a 1JZ, with a few mods. Nope, no 2JZ MKIII. If I ever have a 2J, it will be in a MKIV, but if I'm MKIII forever, that will be fine with me.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
To look "good", and be potent on in every aspect. 450-550rwhp, handle like it's on rails, and be 100% predictable in every way. I don't want a show car, that's too much body maintenance. I want to wash and wax it, and be done. Interior will be immaculately clean and composed. The entire car will be tastefully done with several rare JDM parts.

If the car doesn't continually put a shit-eating grin on my face, it's missing something.

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
i want my 88 to have 450hp, look really clean, and be fun to drive. eventually i want to get a mk2 and 7m swap it, and build it to 400hp:evil2:

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
Funny that I was actually just talking to someone about the decision I'm gonna have to make pretty soon (I'm getting to the point where I could go either way with the mods). I already have a fairly nice supra with a clean interior and a built engine with supporting mods (62-1, IC, manifold, maft-pro, etc, etc). I could try and go with an all out performance monster, gutting the interior, getting much more serious engine goodies, roll cage, etc. Or I could go with a nicer cruising car that is not as powerful, but still has its fair share of goodies (professional paint job, on board computer w/ touch screen lcd, very nice but subtle interior).

The more I think about it, the more my goals align with the 400-500 hp street cruiser with some more modern interior gear and a smoother ride (heavier than I'd like from a performance minded stance, but still powerful/nimble enough to have a lot of fun in).

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Short term goal: Get it running again.

Long term: I want a healthy streetable car that is fun to drive. I am shooting for the 400-ish RWHP mark. That should put me in the driveable range with street tires.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
Keep it my DD until I can afford what I want to do.

What I want to do is a 1JZ or 2JZ swap, depending on whats available when I actually have the cash. Modded to about 350-400hp.

Poly bushings all the way around.

Sport springs, leaning towards Eibach's atm but may change mind.

Bilstien struts.

Whiteline sway bar kit.

17 or 18" silver/polished lip wheels/tires

Redo the seats with a soft leather or Recaro's.

Delete the rear seats to make room for a nice sound system and still be able to fit the targa in the back.

Put the LSD in from my parts car when I have time.

2 pc. light weight driveline.

repaint/get rid of door dings, replace hood with dent in it.

put the wing on I bought from KWNATE (sooo hard to drill into it, don't wanna fuck it up). Probably when the repaint is done.

New glass all the way around, pitting on the windshield is getting annoying.

Keep it forever and keep it clean.

Chris R

Jun 13, 2008
Cedar Vale, Kan.
I'm working to slowly restore mine to stock.

So I'm looking at having to throw in an entirely new sound system (using an iPod and headphones now, haha). Maybe a GPS and some other small goodies.
Replacing the interior carpet
Slightly upgraded suspension, just to let me attack curvy roads with a bit more confidence
Keep the engine running until I get a bit further along in college. I'll slowly replace some of the smaller parts to keep it running smoothly. Oil leak I'm going to have to deal with, really don't have time to drop the pan.
Have a good cruiser with comfortable seating that I can feel comfortable in, though the cloth seats already do a pretty good job for me.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I would like mine to run for more than three months at a time without me tearing it back apart to change something. Is that really tooooo much to ask for?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
My goal? Making it the perfect cruising car with a great suspension. I want the interior to be quiet (I might get good sound deadening material), I want the stereo system to be great, I want the A/C to actually work (haha), and I want the car to handle good and still be comfortable, and I don't really mind being N/A so I just want the bolt ons and some other minor stuff. I want my car to be reliable and bulletproof. It hasn't really failed me yet and I doubt it ever will.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
To laugh at the guys driving the vets and vipers who are looking so confused at the drag strip when they are realize they wasted $60,000-$70,000. I am sure they will blame it on missing a gear or not seeing the light.