Upgraded front brakes 300 zx calipers.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
Doward;1172968 said:
Collin, please don't take any offense to this, but I've designed, prototyped, built, and come Friday should have the first waterjet-cut pieces in my hand of my true 330mm brake setup.

If your machinist can't figure out how CAD works, I don't mind helping you out, man. I mean, the 12.6" rotors + the 10.8" caliper fit under the stock Saws, right? That's the one disadvantage of my own kit - you MUST have 17"+ wheels with brakes as big as mine. As long as the nightpager kit fits under stock sawblades, should be really nice for those that do not wish to ditch the sawz just yet!

becauseican;1173189 said:
The nightpager does NOT fit under stock wheels (16 saws) I also tried the spare...nope, and a set of 17" mustang rims...nope. The clerence issue is the thickness of the caliper, the front it will touch the inside of the face of the rim. If you have 17's like the FNO1RC or a similar rim with thin/ high clearence spokes it will work, high offsets also help, I am running +35mm on my fronts which are 18x9 SSR D5R rims. FYI there is only about 1-1.5mm of the pad that hangs off the end of the rotor....I love the brakes, however I just orderd the ARZ 13" kit for a customers car, I look forward to comparing the two brake setups, I will post me results.

Randy

Good gosh almighty, I now have a new conondrum! :biglaugh: I say that with much love.

OK, so initially when I saw Colin's Nightpager thread I was almost the first to support it and have been a strong advocate since, and no matter what, I was planning on getting a set. Then his machinist seemingly lacking with the CAD setup knocked the metal shavings outta my mouth of excitement and anticipation. :3d_frown: And we're still at this point.

Then I saw Dowards' post about a real OEM Quality kit and decided to be one of the first supporters there also, given the above machinist delays. It took me awhile to fully understand Dowards kit as i'm not by any means a brake guru, or rather it's above my mechanical understanding, etc. :biglaugh:

To understand my driving habits, I don't race or track my car! I just enjoy a little spirited driving and that's it, so BPUs works for me however I too know our brakes are lacking and with the ARZ kit outta my price range, this brings me to the Nightpager which seemed like the option for me! The reasons are: Upgraded brakes and the use of OEM (Nissan) calipers, pads & rotors. The ability to use OEM parts are very important to me as it ensures real time availability!! Plus, I like BIC being a advocate for the Nightpager. <---- That means allot!!!

Dowards kit is also OEM on the Ford side of things and can also offer stopping performance far exceeding our stock and is fast becoming a reality to stop our tanks.

My conundrum now. :cry:

Oh, It's not often you find Colin, Doward & BIC back-to-back in the same thread on the same topic!

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
yeah i was waiting for pricing on this too, but it looks like doward has everything together now, i think got boosted should still continue this b/c you can never have too many options, the more the merrier!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
RPSil13;1173360 said:
yeah i was waiting for pricing on this too, but it looks like doward has everything together now, i think got boosted should still continue this b/c you can never have too many options, the more the merrier!

I absolutely agree! I'd love to see back-to-back-to-back comparos of Stock vs Nightpager vs Doward BBK vs Andy's BBK. :)

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
RPSil13;1173360 said:

My machinist got the models all taken care of and is ready to start producing these. However, due to personal reasons, he had to move out of the area and be with family for a while and he has handed the whole project off to his partner, hence why communication has been poor... I'm just learning about this, and I'm NOT pleased with how long it's taken... His partner should be contacting me very soon with finalized pricing, and then I will let you all know.

Congrats Doward on getting your kit together. I'm sure it will work well and you will sell all the sets you produce.

I will only be producing these if I can sell a minimum number through a group-buy so I can at least pretend to cover my costs which are currently considerably higher than I had hoped for. I haven't planned on running this setup personally, so I've just been doing this for you guys. I hope the interest is still there and that I haven't shot myself in the foot. I'm hoping to keep the group-buy minimum around 10 pairs but the more sold the better the price. Again, I'll know soon, and I'll let you guys know.

Collin

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Doward;1173282 said:
It's only a 12.6" rotor, but it doesn't fit under 16" wheels?

Oh, hang on, you mean the thickness of the caliper as in from the center of the hub going out?

Yes it is the thickness of the caliper as sticking out past the hub, with high offset 16" wheels or thin spoke design spokes it should fit.

Doward;1173395 said:
I absolutely agree! I'd love to see back-to-back-to-back comparos of Stock vs Nightpager vs Doward BBK vs Andy's BBK. :)

I really look forward to comparing them all back to back, but the insurance is up on my car at the end of the month as we pretty much just have rain and snow for the next 4 months till April :( so the car hibernates till then. I dont know if I will have the car with the ARZ kit built buy then.

Yokohama

Oct 20, 2008
USA
Z32 owners upgrade the brakes by using parts from the R32 GT-R, so I wonder if the R32 parts could work here too.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Yokohama;1174854 said:
Z32 owners upgrade the brakes by using parts from the R32 GT-R, so I wonder if the R32 parts could work here too.

The R32 calipers have longer ears that mount them further out to accommodate larger rotors. The brackets in this case already perform that function. You could probably use the R32 calipers and get an even bigger rotor under there, but they would be harder to source and the matching rotor would need to be determined.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Sounds like to little to late, now with the Doward kit available this will probably fizzle out, if the production on these would have been done a month or two ago they would have sold like hotcakes!!

I stil love my NP BBK, no matter what anyone says ;)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
I'm gonna' bump this, and throw in a new twist to boot!:naughty: Just on a whim, I took one of my Night pager brackets down to a local shop, that always has cool stuff. Mind you, it's mostly Nissan stuff, but the owner does have immense respect for the JZ powered Supra's as well. He has had a pair of Sentra Spec V Brembo 4-pots sitting on a shelf for almost a year now. Well, I talked him into letting me take one home, to see if the NP brackets would bolt up, and to take some measurements. They do bolt up, but there are some offset differences, and I still don't know whether or not I can make them fit under my Volk GR-AV rims w/o a rediculous spacer! They also are narrower than the Z32 calipers (inside) because the Sentra uses a 22mm rotor, whereas the 350Z rotor is 30mm. Some metal backing material can probably be taken off of the pads, because it is quite thick. If I can make these work safely, I will run through everything necessary for the end result.
Here are a few photo's (sorry, my good camera batteries were dead!)...
p1191557_1.jpg

p1191557_2.jpg

p1191557_3.jpg

The other benefit of having the Brembo calipers, is that they completely cover the usable rotor surface, unlike the Z32 calipers.:icon_bigg

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Hmm. The 350Z Brembo calipers may even work, and they would fit the thicker rotor. They don't come cheap though. $3500 dealer price each, or generally about $500 each used if you can find them.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
No, the 350Z Brembo's will not work with the Night Pager brackets. However, the GTR 33 Brembo's supposedly do. Sadly, the Sentra Brembo's don't work, nor did my Nissan Z32 calipers!:icon_mad:
I am giving up on this exercise of futility,:aigo: and buying the Revolution kit, that uses the 13" rotors, and 4-pot Wilwood forged Dyna-lites.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Super necro... If anyone has any specs on these brackets LMK I have nearly everything to make them work, had bought the brackets but the seller backed out on me after promising to ship them out, since he wasn't going to make enough $ off of me. (blackgamer16, beware)