Upgraded front brakes 300 zx calipers.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
It's actually very simple. You need a pair of 300XZ 30mm calipers, a pair of 350Z track rotors, a pair of brackets, and a pair of centering rings.

You need these brackets to mount the 300XZ calipers to our hubs. You need the centering rings to make the 350Z rotors fit correctly on our hubs. Stock brake lines work just fine as well as any aftermarket SS lines.

What you get is a 13.4" rotor/4 piston caliper big brake kit with substantial performance gains over the stock brakes. The part I like about it is that if you need to buy new pads or rotors, you won't have to bend over for Wilwood parts. You can walk into any auto parts store and pick them up.

The only negative to this is that these will require 17" or larger wheels.

Collin

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
13.4" rotors? Brembo says the 'track' rotors are 320mm. That's 12.6", not 13.4"

Also, you only get to use 80% of that rotor, since the calipers are designed for what... 10.8" rotors?

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
i think its a great idea either way wesbeech produce them or who ever is going to put the nightpager brackets out put htem out and have people buy them and in my opinion do what you wanna do dont let anyone influence you

got_boosted

Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Good to see that there is still a decent amount of interest. I'm still waiting for a firm price, but remember the more we buy the cheaper they get so keep the posts coming if you're interested.

While we're waiting, can anybody tell me what the diameter of our hubs are vs the 350Z track model hubs? Or refer me to a reliable source? I can go to work and measure the ID of the rotors, but I'm concerned that this number may not be accurate enough even with fine measuring tools.

Thanks,
Collin

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Anything new? Doward's got a BBK thing going, so am wondering what that's gonna do regarding the potential buyers for this kit.

got_boosted

Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Satan;1166530 said:
Anything new? Doward's got a BBK thing going, so am wondering what that's gonna do regarding the potential buyers for this kit.

I'm working out the final details with my machinist right now, and I'll have solid numbers soon. I'm only looking for 10 buyers for the first run. The difference here is that I'll continue to produce the rings and brackets for as long as there is a demand, not just for the group buy.

Collin

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
got_boosted;1166927 said:
I'm working out the final details with my machinist right now, and I'll have solid numbers soon. I'm only looking for 10 buyers for the first run. The difference here is that I'll continue to produce the rings and brackets for as long as there is a demand, not just for the group buy.

Collin

Thats great news- can't wait to install these bad boys:love:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Collin, please don't take any offense to this, but I've designed, prototyped, built, and come Friday should have the first waterjet-cut pieces in my hand of my true 330mm brake setup.

If your machinist can't figure out how CAD works, I don't mind helping you out, man. I mean, the 12.6" rotors + the 10.8" caliper fit under the stock Saws, right? That's the one disadvantage of my own kit - you MUST have 17"+ wheels with brakes as big as mine. As long as the nightpager kit fits under stock sawblades, should be really nice for those that do not wish to ditch the sawz just yet!

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
The nightpager does NOT fit under stock wheels (16 saws) I also tried the spare...nope, and a set of 17" mustang rims...nope. The clerence issue is the thickness of the caliper, the front it will touch the inside of the face of the rim. If you have 17's like the FNO1RC or a similar rim with thin/ high clearence spokes it will work, high offsets also help, I am running +35mm on my fronts which are 18x9 SSR D5R rims. FYI there is only about 1-1.5mm of the pad that hangs off the end of the rotor....I love the brakes, however I just orderd the ARZ 13" kit for a customers car, I look forward to comparing the two brake setups, I will post me results.

Randy

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
It's only a 12.6" rotor, but it doesn't fit under 16" wheels?

Oh, hang on, you mean the thickness of the caliper as in from the center of the hub going out?