Universal Technical Institute (UTI)?

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
i was really interested in going to UTI in Chicago but then i came across Northwestern in Lima. Well i have been signed up to goto......Northwestern since around december to take High Performance and the Toyota program. I will begin that in late August. But a good way to look at it is going to at least any school is better than to not go at all

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
hey i havent updated this thread in a long time... so heres my UTI update for informational purposes.

Since ive started, ive learned a helluva lot of theory. I have 5 courses to go which are as follows:
Advanced diagnostics
Electrical diag
Hot rod 1a
Hot rod 1b
Power and performance

I remain on directors honors list, earned SOC(student of course) in Basic engines, Manual transmissions, and driveability. I still retain my 4.0 and 99.7% attendence.

Things are going well, im enjoying learning all i do. The school is so so though, mostly because alotta the students are fucks and ruin much of the good that comes out of the experience. Well that and i work 38 hours a week as well as goto school so im up and running from 530am till 9pm and dont get to bed till like 11.

I graduate march 9th :)

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
haha yeah key word in the future... i need to get myself a couple years of hands on experience.. im gonna pick up the mitchell box set of ase study guide books soon and try to bang out the certs so ill be ase master cert when i get a years experience ( school counts as 1 year towards ASE certs )

Thanks for the compliment man haha

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
xarewhyayen said:
hey i havent updated this thread in a long time... so heres my UTI update for informational purposes.

Since ive started, ive learned a helluva lot of theory. I have 5 courses to go which are as follows:
Advanced diagnostics
Electrical diag
Hot rod 1a
Hot rod 1b
Power and performance

I remain on directors honors list, earned SOC(student of course) in Basic engines, Manual transmissions, and driveability. I still retain my 4.0 and 99.7% attendence.

Things are going well, im enjoying learning all i do. The school is so so though, mostly because alotta the students are fucks and ruin much of the good that comes out of the experience. Well that and i work 38 hours a week as well as goto school so im up and running from 530am till 9pm and dont get to bed till like 11.

Exactly How I feel here. I like the school, like the instructors for the most part, but it's the immature kids that don't take it seriously or don't care that ruin it.

I wake up at 5:30 and work til 9 too, it sucks huh, haha.

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
Is anyone goin to the AZ campus im april cuz ill be needed a roomate (smoking outside only, no pets, drinking dont care{ill know i will do a bit} and likes to be my bitch lol jk on that one, and no offense no gay or bi ppl unless your a hot sexy chick then thats a plus)

trev

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
xarewhyayen said:

Advanced diagnostics
Electrical diag
Hot rod 1a
Hot rod 1b
Power and performance

pfff.... 100% attendance here ;)

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
angrydrone said:
I'm likely going to be attending the Houston campus, along with GotTurbos?, starting in June or July of 07. I am waiting for my information packet in the mail and then I will be making a trip to Houston to check out the campus.

Chris

Hah I might be going then too. As long as the class doesnt fill up.

I'm enrolled for the Chicago one to start in Oct 07. My rep said to set the date so late so it's easier to change. I'm considering AZ or Houston as other options. Ive got friends going to TX but idk how dedicated they are to it all. Id like AZ because apparently its the only one where you can earn a degree. That would help justify the price tag imo.

Im probably going into Toyota, but im sure ill take a chance and shoot higher.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
err. i'm done with core. i'm in FORD FACT right now, i graduate pretty soon. :) going to mercedes-benz elite program when i down with FACT

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
I have the grades and attendence for an MSAT, but i dont have the driving record. :( I'm starting to consider working in the field for a few years so i clear my record, and going back to take the diesel program.

The education is pretty much worth it to me, its just that alot of the students are fucks and ruin the experience by not taking it seriously. They should be more selective with who they admit to the school in my opinion.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Yup, this school loves their money. I only wish it was harder for all the kids with high school mentality to be accepted.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
if you ask around, most of the people whose debt from the education is on them, will be decent students, try hard, and not act like fucks. Those whose parents are taking the bill, 75% of them, are just total cocklovers. they are the people who bitch about the methods used to teach and despise any real work even if it teaches a valuable lesson.

that could have been said better but i think you get the picture^^^

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I get what you mean. Couldn't agree more. I'm gonna be paying for this when I get out so I want the opportunity to learn while I have the chance because I know the more I know now the more it will help me down the road. The kids who just couldn't make it into a college and their parents footed the bill for them seem not to care and just want to continue being the coolest kids in their highschool.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
SupraE1jz said:
so its worth it?.. cause for me its either this or the airforce. and im stressing out bad.

i did both. i did 7yrs AF and loved it. now i'm going to school. i think the military set me up for sucess. i'm soo glad i went in the military first. the G.L BILL helps a ton and i get resect.

i can face anything in life dead in the face and come out on top. the military taught me a ton of values that i apply everyday.