The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
outofstep said:
Zombie Survival Manual + World War Z are essential to any gun owner.

After you're tired from about 10 minutes of hacking away and the mindless whord with a samurai sword, I'll still be sitting back sipping on a Mai-Tai while popping the Zeds in the head from my tree stand.

Who said you can't use both a hand gun and a sword?? :naughty:

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
hi everyone,

now that i'm 21 i've been looking into selling my AR-15 and getting a handgun. it just seems easyer to find a 25yrd pistol range than a range that can handle the AR.

last weekend i rented a SIG P226. it was a good shooter for me, i was driving nails with it, but i couldnt get to the mag release without changeing my grip.

this weekend i rented a USP. I could get to the controls just fine, but i was shooting alittle left. Tight groups, but to the left. I tryed dry fireing it while holding on the target and i didnt have any excessive movement. so i dont know what the deal was.

any suggestions? can a range rental just be so neglected that it shoots funny?

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
I've thought about getting a shotgun really soon...I really like the Remington 870 Marine Magnum....

95012.jpg

...or the Mossberg 500 Special Purpose Mariner Shotgun.

46273.jpg

I was wondering if anybody got good advice on getting one for cheap but of high quality, must be pump action, 12 gauge, ability to accept 2.75 and 3 inch shells.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
I love my mossberg 590. It's easier to load than the 870 because the carrier/elevator rides in the 'up' position up against he bolt, so you don't have to deflect it by hand when you load a shell.

The slide/bolt release is also easier to work on the Mossbergs vs the Remington.

The safety Im kinda indifferent on. The Mossberg's safety is kinda silly when you put a pistol grip stock on it, though.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Squid699 said:
I love my mossberg 590. It's easier to load than the 870 because the carrier/elevator rides in the 'up' position up against he bolt, so you don't have to deflect it by hand when you load a shell.

The slide/bolt release is also easier to work on the Mossbergs vs the Remington.

The safety Im kinda indifferent on. The Mossberg's safety is kinda silly when you put a pistol grip stock on it, though.

I ended up with the 870 MM...it felt more solid to me, yet comfortable to hold.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Some one in yugoslavia/china/greece decided at one time the Russian design of a spring loaded firing pin wasn't good enough so they installed (just like the Sks's) a tapered firing pin in a TAPERED HOLE.

With that combo of tapered pin and tapered hole, you get a stuck firing pin. The drugonov with a stuck firing pin likes to shoot the round off, even with the bolt still open.

Yup! Bullets with no barrel to go down!

Status
Not open for further replies.