The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
You know I'm going to wind up getting her one...

It'll just be the excuse for me to buy this to offset it:

barrett_m82a1.jpg

It's on my list of things to buy this year anyway... :)

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Hello Kitty... Blam! Bye bye kitty!

Glam guns? LOL I'm still rolling. !

That .50 Beowolf is something else. Nice, but slightly overkill don't you think? LOL (Unless your trying to shoot doors of hinges and stuff.. like it was designed for..)

I almost bought a 300 Whisper... (Basicly a 30 caliber setup based on the AR/M16, but using a cut down brass, and super heavy/large boat tail .30 caliber rounds...)

They are so big, there is little powder left, so they come out subsonic, but they are so big they pack a big punch anyway... (Really the perfect round for a suppressed assult rifle... quiet and deadly.)

Here, read up on them. :)
http://www.300whisper.com/

Oh, with a match barrel, and pretty much hand loaded ammo, very accurate too. :)

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
Supracentral said:

It'll just be the excuse for me to buy this to offset it:

It's on my list of things to buy this year anyway... :)

boys with big knock you off your feet toys (I wish i could afford one of those:()

i think this is going to be my next rifle purchuse
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/800px-G36bw.jpg
had a chance to play with one about a week ago what a weapon. smooth, easy to use, and almost no kick i was geting 3inch groupings at 100m standing it was heavanly.

I would cut off my left nut to have a CheyTac Intervention thought what a beautiful piece of machinary

Last edited:

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
Supracentral said:
I got to play with the model 99 (bolt action) not too long ago in the gun store. damn, that thing is freaking sweet! The thing weighed over 20lbs but still..who cares..it's a Barrett :biglaugh:

Suprawannabe

meh... im lazy
Oct 27, 2005
Denver, CO
Adjuster said:
Hello Kitty... Blam! Bye bye kitty!

Glam guns? LOL I'm still rolling. !

That .50 Beowolf is something else. Nice, but slightly overkill don't you think? LOL (Unless your trying to shoot doors of hinges and stuff.. like it was designed for..)

I almost bought a 300 Whisper... (Basicly a 30 caliber setup based on the AR/M16, but using a cut down brass, and super heavy/large boat tail .30 caliber rounds...)

They are so big, there is little powder left, so they come out subsonic, but they are so big they pack a big punch anyway... (Really the perfect round for a suppressed assult rifle... quiet and deadly.)

Here, read up on them. :)
http://www.300whisper.com/

Oh, with a match barrel, and pretty much hand loaded ammo, very accurate too. :)

Yea the beowulf is kinda over kill but the upper was pretty cheap so I went for it. Its was this or the .458 SOCOM. I'm not going to be shooting this gun much, it's mainly for home security and for when I go camping out in the Colorado area. I really like that whisper though. To bad I didn't see it before I got this.

Being subsonic I was looking around for a suppressor but that looks to be real hard to get. At least there are a lot of hoops I have to jump through to get one.

The plan was to get this and most likely the 6.5 grendal and have the best of both worlds :icon_bigg. Most likely things will chance since I'm pretty new to the gun world.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
silent_sniper said:
boys with big knock you off your feet toys (I wish i could afford one of those:()

i think this is going to be my next rifle purchuse
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/800px-G36bw.jpg
had a chance to play with one about a week ago what a weapon. smooth, easy to use, and almost no kick i was geting 3inch groupings at 100m standing it was heavanly.

I would cut off my left nut to have a CheyTac Intervention thought what a beautiful piece of machinary

Civvies can't get G36's. BATF's NFA post 1986 ban, and all.

You CAN get the civilian version: the SL8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_SL8

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
Elaborating on what Squid said..you can pretty much make a G36 clone using an SL8. If that's what you plan to do I would try and find an SL8 soon as they aren't being imported anymore and are getting more expensive. Then you'll need to buy the parts (folding stock,carry handle,etc.) and have the furniture dyed black unless you buy an SL8-6.

Here's an example of one someone else has done.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=83547288

Although, if you really want the full auto G36, it is possible to get them (even though they were made after 86). You'll just need to meet the prerequisites and have deep pockets.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Mmm i doubt he's gonna go through the process to get a Class 3 SOT and the paperwork that would allow him to get a post sample.

But like you said, deep pockets.........

I'll stick with my SBR/SBS/AOW's. Maybe I'll venture into the pre-85 full auto realm when I'm rich and famous (yeah right)

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
oh, so true. Wanna buy my turbo so I can finish my second AR????? ;)

Edit: SL8-6's are going for $1800 or so on Gunbroker right now.

Last edited:

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
Squid699 said:
Mmm i doubt he's gonna go through the process to get a Class 3 SOT and the paperwork that would allow him to get a post sample.

But like you said, deep pockets.........

I'll stick with my SBR/SBS/AOW's. Maybe I'll venture into the pre-85 full auto realm when I'm rich and famous (yeah right)

eh ill just borrow buddies again.

hes a infantry Sgt. and he must have gone through and did all the paper work because the one I shot was the real deal without a dout there was just no full auto. so it could have been the safe, 1 shot, 2 shot model.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
silent_sniper said:
eh ill just borrow buddies again.

hes a infantry Sgt. and he must have gone through and did all the paper work because the one I shot was the real deal without a dout there was just no full auto. so it could have been the safe, 1 shot, 2 shot model.
You mean 3 shot?

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
Clueless said:
You mean 3 shot?

according to wikipeda there are several versions includind a 2 shot burst mode

as for which mode he had im just guessing it wa alread on single shot when he handed it it me i just load the mag, cocked, and rock and rolled it was good fun :D

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
silent_sniper said:
according to wikipeda there are several versions includind a 2 shot burst mode

as for which mode he had im just guessing it wa alread on single shot when he handed it it me i just load the mag, cocked, and rock and rolled it was good fun :D

I've never heard of any 2 round burst assault rifle...hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.