The NARSupra

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
NARSupra;1178214 said:
So this was the cause of my idle issue.... the Idle Control Valve. Which as you can see is totally corroded. :( Anyone have a good one they can sell me?
0image056hq4.jpg

What are the #'s off of it?I have one off an 88 or 89,it has different #'s than the one on my 86.5,but the plug is the same.What year is yours?I can test to make sure it is still okay.If it works: free+shipping
Andy

NARSupra

Oct 19, 2008
Chico, CA
toy fanatic78;1178266 said:
What are the #'s off of it?I have one off an 88 or 89,it has different #'s than the one on my 86.5,but the plug is the same.What year is yours?I can test to make sure it is still okay.If it works: free+shipping
Andy

I just got one from the yard and it seems to work fine. You know how much these things are brand new? $400 *eek*

NARSupra

Oct 19, 2008
Chico, CA
:mad: Well I guess this other used ICV only wanted to work for 24 hours... so I dunno I might try one more used one from one of you guys and then I'll just put a blockoffplate over it. (Note: the 88-89 ICV is not compatible)

I put some new wheels/tires on the Supra. The wheels aren't anything special, some ricer brand... although they are lighter then the stockers. The tires are some used Continental Extreme's sized 225/45R17, "W" rated... never ran Conti's before wanted to try them out.

I suppose I should take some pics for you guys...

On another note, the fact my drivers seat is like 6-way adjustable and the steering collumn tilts/telescopes is awesome! I've never had the luxury of a perfect seating position before.

Last edited:

NARSupra

Oct 19, 2008
Chico, CA
- I rebuilt the ICV
- I replaced the power steering pressure hose
- I replaced the right front suspension to take care of a bad ball-joint and broken lug-stud.
- I swapped the springs with stockers that aren't cut.
- I smogged it

Just need to get an allignment and it's good enough for some serious driving :cool:

NARSupra

Oct 19, 2008
Chico, CA
I've been having an intermittent issue with my brake lights. I replaced all the bulbs and it started popping them but only on the right side?

Seems as if one of the ground wires fed through a grommet in the back hatch under the car over the gas tank all the way back to the engine bay? I couldn't trace those wires so I spliced in another ground there under the right brake light and it was working fine for a while but the indicator light on the dash has always been on.

Then more recently both brake lights stopped working but the fuse and bulbs aren't popping? Seems as if the brake light malfunction box might be to blame? I tried replacing the brake switch also and it didn't fix it.

Any ideas?

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
NARSupra;1201996 said:
I've been having an intermittent issue with my brake lights. I replaced all the bulbs and it started popping them but only on the right side?

Seems as if one of the ground wires fed through a grommet in the back hatch under the car over the gas tank all the way back to the engine bay? I couldn't trace those wires so I spliced in another ground there under the right brake light and it was working fine for a while but the indicator light on the dash has always been on.

Then more recently both brake lights stopped working but the fuse and bulbs aren't popping? Seems as if the brake light malfunction box might be to blame? I tried replacing the brake switch also and it didn't fix it.

Any ideas?

my 87t has been plaged with that stupid failure box. been through dozens of used. i got one new from my modesto toyota guy and so far so good. although when i have my lights on at night and i hit the brakes, the failure lamp is almost like half ass lit up. probly a ground. but from my expierience, sounds like the failure box. i have a good used one u can have, i can meet u in like sac if u need it.

NARSupra

Oct 19, 2008
Chico, CA
BOOSTEDSUPRA;1202146 said:
my 87t has been plaged with that stupid failure box. been through dozens of used. i got one new from my modesto toyota guy and so far so good. although when i have my lights on at night and i hit the brakes, the failure lamp is almost like half ass lit up. probly a ground. but from my expierience, sounds like the failure box. i have a good used one u can have, i can meet u in like sac if u need it.

Sure I'll try it. PM me

NARSupra

Oct 19, 2008
Chico, CA
toy fanatic78;1215862 said:
1976 called,it wants its style back. :sarcasm:HeHe JK

Well it's true this paint scheme is similar to what I had on my 70's Z car... I liked the 70's style of paint :icon_neut

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
You have the WORST camera ever.
Like...
...worse than cellphone camera's. What gives?

And a big "not feelin' it" on the pinstriping.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
NARSupra;1215953 said:
Well it's true this paint scheme is similar to what I had on my 70's Z car... I liked the 70's style of paint :icon_neut

I was JK on the fact that the 70's don't even want that style back.;)