Thank you sir may I have another...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Did an awesome burnout in front of my buddy's house the other morning. Disappointed the marks aren't darker though. If there was anyone sleeping I'm sure I woke them up, haha.

p1898156_1.jpg

Random shot in front of the gym the other day. It really could use a little drop.
p1898156_2.jpg

Last edited:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
It's a Supra so it will always have bugs :biglaugh:. Just got to prioritize them.
Still looking for an SC? Sell ya mine on the cheap:naughty: haha.

suprahero;1897367 said:
Progress looks awesome Ken. I wish you lived closer and I would pay you to fix mine like you did Mrs. Monroe.

As for the bov, that's the new Tial Q style. I've had my tial for six years and it's never messed up. Hers is only about two years old. It sucks that it's leaking on you though. Hopefully you get all of the bugs worked out of it and you can simply drive it and enjoy it.

I drove mine today just for the sake of doing it. I went and picked up my daughter at school in it because all of the sixth grade boys love it soo much. They think it's a race car..........lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Call me when you get a chance and let me know what you want for your car and what it will take for me to put my motor in it.

Concrete streets? Texas has got toooo much money.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
suprahero;1898231 said:

Nah, it's just that asphalt will melt in the Texas sun :) Hell, even the concrete will buckle if it gets hot enough to expand past it's expansion joints (it's happened before).

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
suprahero;1898231 said:
Call me when you get a chance and let me know what you want for your car and what it will take for me to put my motor in it.

Sent you a PM and just let me know when a good time to call is.

ForcedTorque;1898291 said:
I'm ashamed of you driving like this in the neighborhood! Have you been reading my thread or something? (no nothing new there, just posts in the past)

I learn from the best!!:biglaugh:

Poodles;1898298 said:
Nah, it's just that asphalt will melt in the Texas sun :) Hell, even the concrete will buckle if it gets hot enough to expand past it's expansion joints (it's happened before).

That's fo sho!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Well a quick update.

I've lowered the car with B&G springs. Ruined a shock in the process because it is now leaking but a new one will have to wait.

I've replaced the BOV with a recirculating one and that has cleared up the stalling issues and running rich.

Had to replace a caliper that was seized up.

It now has a bad powersteering leak. Will be looked into after TX2K13 this weekend.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Here's a picture I took today.

p1922554_1.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Update on this cars goings on. If anyone remembers it haha.

p1980486_1.jpg

Got some goodies in the mail the other day. All the suspension bushings are about to be replaced. This car is sloppy as hell going down the road. Those aren't the only changes I'll be making.
I want to enjoy cruising in a GT car again so off will go the B&G springs. The stockers will be put back on with some new tokicos.

Some stock 16" 5-spokes will replace the staggered 18's.

Also going to change will be the engine bay. It's going to look stock (but won't be hehe). Will still keep the 550's, afpr, wideband, electronic boost controller and Lex afm.

Off will go the Garrett GT35r turbo, exhaust manifold and external waste gate in favor of a 57-trim CT-26 with recirculated divorced down pipe.

Bosch bov will replace current bov.

Stock intercooler piping on the top side only with a stock intercooler. I'll use a hard pipe for the hot side still.

Will buy a new coil pack cover from Toyota.

Will ditch my Vibrant exhaust setup for something more quite but still 3".

Haters can fuck off. :)

When Jay dyno'd this car before I bought it, it put down 352hp at the wheels through a built automatic. After some tweaks and other small repairs were done after getting it home I was told its probably close to if not over 400 at the crank. While what I plan on doing may decrease its output I'm still comfortably sure it'll still put down a little over 300hp at the wheels. I'll be perfectly happy with that.

I've still got new seat leather for it but have not been motivated to get it done. That and fixing my speedo, cruise control, fog lights, dome lights, and ac are on the to do list. I don't like it when things don't work on my cars. It just bugs the shit out of me. Anyway, that's the current plans.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Glad to see you're still improving the ride.
Not sure if I'd want to go back to a completely stock ride height and 16" rims, but I wouldn't say i'm a 'hater' of your plan, either.
Have you considered 17" mkIV rims? I think they look really good, yet respect the stock Toyota appearance.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
supraguy@aol;1980487 said:
Glad to see you're still improving the ride.
Not sure if I'd want to go back to a completely stock ride height and 16" rims, but I wouldn't say i'm a 'hater' of your plan, either.
Have you considered 17" mkIV rims? I think they look really good, yet respect the stock Toyota appearance.

This is something I'm struggling with daily but I'll have plenty of time to figure it out. Ive had MKIV TT's before on my Lexus. I absolutely love how they look on an SC and MKIII Supra. IF I were to get another set I'd have to have spacers for the front cause I want the front to be flush. My biggest drawback to them though is that they're staggered and you can't rotate them. I had to buy tires every year for my SC when I had them on it. I drive a lot and the rears wear out fast in the middles as well.

At this minute my plan sticks at stock replacement but if I can find a nice smooth alternative then I may consider it. I'm very picky on ride comfort. Actually I'm obsessive about it. Still looking for that ride from the 92 I test drove 22 years ago haha. Won't get it with the ES bushings but it should be close and waaaaay better than it is now.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
scottiedawg66;1980785 said:
Taking off a gt35r and putting a ct26 on! See a doctor!!

I can understand everything else, but why would you want a ct26? Insta spool?

I'm not going to lie. I'm stupid. It spools almost instantaneously. It also keeps spinning for about a minute after you shut the engine off. And just having the bragging rights is pretty damn awesome also but here are my reasons.

First off, with a 57-trim CT26 and the other supporting mods I'm leaving on there, the car is not going to be a slouch by any means. I'll bet that built auto will still chirp some gears.
I would like to have a stock looking engine bay.
The downpipe off the turbo keeps ruining my speedometer cable. I know with a recirculated divorced DP it won't and I really, really want my speedometer back. My cruise control won't work without it.
Even with the turbo blanket I bought for it, it puts off an excessive amount of heat under the hood during the summer months which causes the auxiliary fans to run all the time, and that's without the a/c working too.
While I really like having the performance, I love these cars for the ride and cruise-ability. That's why I'm changing things up and going with a more stock looking, sounding, and riding car. It'll still somewhat of a sleeper though.