Thank you sir may I have another...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Since I sold my 91 Jay Blue :nono: I've been lurking around, feeling sorry for myself and being a whiny bitch. Well now I'm back in the game with some 89 White goodness that some of you just might recognize.

p1817848_1.jpg

Here's me holding a little hint.

p1817848_2.jpg

Last edited:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Now I sold this, a 2000 SC300, to buy it. A backwards move I know but I was missing a supra so bad. No worries though. I bought my buddy's SC400 as a daily driver and am happy with that.

What I sold:

p1817851_1.jpg

My current daily driver:

p1817851_2.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Now being a supra, she is not without some issues. I did drive it back to Texas from Alabama with not one single problem.

Things that need attention:

Find and fix a phantom coolant leak.
Replace the ball joints ( in bad shape ) and tie rod ends. Parts ordered!
Get some lowering springs. Will most likely go with some Eibachs.
The diff is leaking so it needs to be resealed.
The speedometer broke as soon as I got it back home. Pretty sure it's the gear. Will order parts soon.
Brakes!
The seats are pretty rough so I'll need to get them recovered.

Things I've done so far:

Had my mechanic Christian go over it and sort out all the vacuum lines. He also rewired the fuel injectors with some new clips. He adjusted the timing. He was very impressed with it's power being an automatic and thinks it's close if not a little over 400 hp at the flywheel.
Replaced the entire exhaust and used a Vibrant resonator and dual tip muffler. No more droning and it sounds fucking spectacular!
I also had the wastegate routed into the exhaust since it was so loud.
Put some shocks on it for now so no more bouncing down the highway:icon_bigg
Replaced the radiator with a new Koyo OEM. I'm still suspicious of it though.
Replaced the bushings in the auto gear shifter. I can't handle a loose gear shifter.
Replaced the bumps stops in the hatch.

Last edited:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
So for those of you who don't know the car here's a list of go fast goodies it has.

7MGTE with a MHG and ARP Studs. Yeah baby!!
Precision 550's w/Lex AFM
Aeromotive FPR
Garrett GT35R Turbo
Driftmotion intercooler
SAFC II
Greddy Profec B II boost controller
Tial BOV
Built auto with IPT valve body and Raybestos Blue clutches.

Now the wastegate has a 13 lb spring in it and I've got the boost controller set at 13 psi. The car pulls super hard and will chirp the tires shifting into second. :naughty:

Last edited:

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Welcome back to hell.....er...um....Supra ownership! Good color too! :D Mine currently has a free white to brown color conversion (3 years of dirt, dust, and pollen).

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
ForcedTorque;1818011 said:
Wait..........You sold off Jay, and bought Vonda?:evil2:

Really, it took you long enough to post this! No way in hell I could have held off that long

Sorry it took so long but I was really hoping to have had more done before I unveiled my prize.
I'm leaving Jay Blue as my sig for now to invoke shame on myself for selling it. Although in my defense, I was going through a divorce and my head was definitely not in the right place.

buckshotglass;1818065 said:
I never thought of you as not here. The short block in that car once sat on the floor in my shop, before I gave it to Vonda. Glad to see it has another good home.

Oh cool! So this is a community built car?? :biglaugh:

jmoneydtb;1818212 said:
Welcome back to hell.....er...um....Supra ownership! Good color too! :D Mine currently has a free white to brown color conversion (3 years of dirt, dust, and pollen).

I'm going to try to keep this from being Hell by trying to remain patient. I want to see this one through.

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
I hear ya man, I'm trying my best to stay patient with my "restomod" I guess you could call it. I remember how awesome it felt to get some of the issues with mine worked out and get the hg done long ago, even more awesome the first time I got a time slip from an 8 second pass at the 1/8th mile track or the first v8 I broke one off to. I think this time will be even better, after actually owning the Supra for awhile and then going through rough times without it, and now being able to make it into what it will become. Goal is to change that 8 into a 7 and pile up that list of v8's a little higher. I'm sure after what all you have gone through the past few years this will be a great morale booster and I wish for the best. Us Supra guys always seem to do a lot better when there is one to drive or do some wrenching on. A lot of people (non-Supra owners) don't get that, that is why I changed my sig to talk about "the sickness" because EVERYONE here understands it completely.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
ForcedTorque;1818625 said:
C'mon, be truthful............Tanya hasn't been seen around here in quite a while.

True she did make that for me but seriously. Everytime I see that car I feel stupid for selling it. So I want to keep it as a constant reminder that I don't want to feel that way again. And besides, it's a f**king beautiful car to look at haha.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
gtsfirefighter;1818669 said:
True she did make that for me but seriously. Everytime I see that car I feel stupid for selling it. So I want to keep it as a constant reminder that I don't want to feel that way again. And besides, it's a f**king beautiful car to look at haha.

I totally understand Ken. It's kinda like my profile pic STILL being my grey car

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
The blue car is pretty awesome (as was FT's grey car!), but you can't be to hard on yourself man! Everybody regrets the outcome of a past Supra at some point. At least your back in the game now and around people you know will have your back. Alright, enough mushy stuff from me! lol