Thank you sir may I have another...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good Ken. I wish I had the patience to keep fixing things on my supra. I'm ready to just sell mine and fix up my sc.

I will also go through all the parts I got from Andrew to see if any of the things you listed are here.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I've been wondering about the SC and if it was still GE or GTE yet haha.

My patience gets very thin sometimes and when it does I just have to back away from it for a while. I am looking forward to getting what I want done. I want to road trip in this car bad without white knuckling it the whole way or having to fight to keep it on the road haha.

Can you believe I've had the car two years now?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Honestly Scott a stock supra is smoother than an SC, I shit you not. It takes the bumps better. I've had 4 sc's and they've all been a little harsh over the bumps compared to my 91 Jay Blue. Now overall going 85mph down the interstate the sc is a damn comfortable car with a kick ass stock sound system. I love them both.

Oh and just keep this in mind. You're older than me muwahahaha.

jsupra9

Feb 27, 2014
California
How does it sound? I'm building an exhaust for the first time. I bought the ultra quiet resonator. Thinking of buying the muffler too. is yours 3" all the way?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
jsupra9;1994260 said:
How does it sound? I'm building an exhaust for the first time. I bought the ultra quiet resonator. Thinking of buying the muffler too. is yours 3" all the way?

It sounded great. Absolutely no drone and it was a deep tone. Comfortable quiet while cruising but you could still hear it. It was 3 inch all the way. Vibrant resonator and muffler.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
aixgelo78;1994401 said:
You did great work bringing that car back to reliable, how is the trans holding up?

Thank you. I did as much as I could with some chronic back issues nerve damage. The tranny seemed bullet proof. It scratched the tires shifting through the gears.

I'm going to have to confess that I sold the car a couple of weeks ago in order to fund the purchase of a stock supra that hopefully will not require as much attention as this one did, and what I mean by that is with more power comes more things to break. With my back problems and nerve damage issues in my arm it's hard to work on the car for any length of time without some serious discomfort. What I had wanted to do with the car that I mentioned in a few posts up I just didn't think I could, or want to do it.

I sank a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into that car and making the decision to sell it was extremely difficult but I came to the conclusion that having that much perfomance was just not that important to me. Sure it was fun but I love supras because they're a GT car. I love the ride and feel of a stock supra. I like to road trip a lot and what better way to enjoy a Supra than out on the open road. I'm flying out next Wednesday to go get the next one and then driving it (hopefully) all the way to Houston for TX2K14. We'll see though. I'll either start a new thread or just continue this one.

I sold the car to a guy in Plano who incidentally has already put it up for sale and through the DFW supra network I hear the headgasket is leaking. It's been a weekend cruiser for past year and after I retorqued the studs I had no issues so if it was leaking when I had it I had no knowledge of it nor would I have sold it that way. I disclosed all known issues. He was driving it like he stole it out of the parking lot we met at after he paid me for it, which I don't blame him, it was a beast!

So stay tuned folks. Hopefully the one I'm going to get is all it's cracked up to be.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I look forward to seeing your new one, and will definitely follow that thread. I remember reading through your build thread on the blue one as well as this one. I like the way you built both of them.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
The last pic I took of her the night she was sold.
p1994423_1.jpg
[/URL]

jsupra9

Feb 27, 2014
California
Thanks for the info. Going to buy the muffler tomorrow. Hopefully it's not too loud. 3" BIC DP 3" VIBRANT RESONATOR 3" VIBRANT MUFFLER. Did you have a cat on yours?

jsupra9

Feb 27, 2014
California
I should have the set up done next week. Ill post the video for sure. Bit still debating on the high flow cat cuss i live in California