TbcMorris' post fire CT build

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Just read the entire thread!

All I have to say is this:

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

I thought I had been through alot with mine, but you got me beat!

Can't wait to see what's coming up next!!!!

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
I got boobies from kristal!!!!!!! Never thought id see the day when ole girl earned some aussie boobies :)

Thatnks for the kind words. Its has definetly been a journey. Sometimes I swear this cars possessed. Demons or not she mine and I'm gonna finish her. I took a ride in a MP t70 powered 1.5 jz at the races this weekend...(granted it wwas in a 98 240) but I was impressed.

So I definetly got some motivation to finish it. I think I'm gonna head over to foreverpyhcotics to try and help him get done now though since there's not a lot goin on at work.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
The happy dance (boobies) are well deserved!!!!!!! :)

I just can't believe I've not poked my head in here until now!!!!!

Oh, and say g'day to Mike for me when you see him (you have to actually say "g'day" though!!!!)

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
I definetly will. He got bit by the motivation bug after he went to the races with me on Saturday. So I'm bored and he's like an hour away from my house but only 20 mins from work so I'm gonna see if I can't jump start his single project. :)

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
tbcmorris;1338600 said:
Wow that painful, everything in the engine is ok, the weisco piston, rods, crank, the hks camshafts, frerreara oversized valves and springs, even the bearing rod and main were fine. The prblem is I needed a new head and wasn't about to pay to have it built with the oversized valve and the port and poilish. And I needed a new block because as I wa cleaning it I found a crack. My piston were 20 over so again not paying the machine work. I compared the 2 options rebuilding the 7m, to a 1.5 jz and there going to cost about thesame since I already own a 2j. So I'm really interested to see where it goes...I really just want to drive it :(

I hear ya. But just keep in mind you've had much worse....thats what i keep telling myself during my chassis swap right now.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
I wantmkIII......truth. after working on a fire car and fiigureing out that nightmare, everything else isn't nessicarily easy...just different. I'm exicted about the 1.5jz. Which is good because after the engine blew. I got pretty down on the whole project and just parked it for a couple monthes. Now I'm feelin good about it again. The chassis clean up and fixing all the little stuff is almost done so next comes the big stuff.

Integra08: ill make sure I take some videos as I tune and run it on the dyno. I will be doing it at my shop pruven performance in milford.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
Not too much of an update but I'm designing a tow hook for the front and back since the car is so low with the lip and suspension if it ever broke down id have to remove the bumper in order to flat bed it. Which would be a huge pain in the ass, so I'm gonna do somethiin in case that ever happens.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
I have a question:

I have an upgraded ct26 its a 60-1. The cold side comp wheel is 60mm obviously and to hot side is about 52. Water and oil fed.

I was going to use it on my 1.5 jz utilizing the driftmotion manifold, and my coolezze downpipe.

I can get my hand on a MP T70 for practically nothing. Its measurements are 60mm cold and 63mm hot. Twinn scroll exhaut housing. Oil fed with much bigger snail shells obviously
I would have to get a external wastegate, a mani, and ill make a downpipe.

So the main differences are,price to make either one run, snail sizes, exhaust comp wheels, and oil and water or oil.

Ok so is it worth it to switch? Price for power benfit? Any draw backs of either? Will the mpt70 flow a great deal better?

This is going on a 1.5JZ

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^yes, the compressor housing is where the biggest difference is so it will flow quite a bit more. You're lucky to push 400+whp with an upgraded ct. the T70 allows a lot of room to grow and push you into the 5-600whp realm if i'm not mistaken.

Not to mention the stock exhaust mani is gone now.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
ah power of the "ru". I wouldn't mind a subie for a dd. My year has been a headache LOL. Next year should make for a better one.

Time to stock up on top ramen??