TbcMorris' post fire CT build

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
i bought this car about a month ago from a firend. on the way home it caught on fire. i have decided to rebuild it after he knocked some money off what i spent. i have been working on it for about a month now. i hope to have it done in a another month or so.

i have just finished repainting the the engine bay. i used an epoxy primer coolor and clear. i think it came out alright. youll notice i choose black. i did that so no matter what the extiorer color goes to the engine bay will match. my plans for this car after it is rebuilt are to enjoy it for the summer and then i want it to go back under the knife.

future plans are a front facing intake manifold, big front mount, tooqwicks mod, bigger injectors, fuel pump, and a standalone. while i am waiting on parts i am going to finish putting the body kit on. then comes the messy stuff.

my mods so far as best as i can remeber are as follows
motor fully rebuilt using:
weisco pistons .20 over
prepped for metal headgasket
Lex and 550's
head ported and polished
3 angle valve job 1mm oversized titanium valves
cooleze downpipe
catless blitz nur spec exhaust (ment for a 1jz)
apexi intake
hks ssq bov
hks turbo timer
hks boost contoller
hks fuel cut defencer
aem uego
boost gausge
fuel pressure gauge
kazera 18" rims
h and r springs
bilstein adjustable shocks
slotted and dimple rotors
ct 26 modded 60 trim

anyway here is where it started

p979783_1.jpg

removed everything and sanded to bare metal
p979783_2.jpg

this took like an hour and a half. with the bigger hot side of the turbo the heat sheild woudnt fit anymore so i figured this would gring under hood temps down (i wrapped the down pipe too)
p979783_3.jpg

bagged
p979783_4.jpg

primer down
p979783_5.jpg

color and clear
p979783_6.jpg

motor 90 percent done i still have to clean up the valley
p979783_7.jpg

back in everything wrapped up. waiting on parts
p979783_8.jpg

another back in pic....my garage is dust apparently look in the bottom right
p979783_9.jpg

thought it was a cool pic
p979783_10.jpg

p979783_11.jpg

Last edited:

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
suprastanger507mgte;979798 said:
nice save man. You fixing the same car that caught fire?

The one and only! That's the same car and that's the same motor post rebuild and refinish. This is like a monthe of my life in those pics.
I will post pics of the exterior after the fire tonight for ya sir. SM has a big hand me me trying to pull this off as a lot of people have donated parts or sold them cheap. I have an na doner for the non turbo parts but that's not nearly enough!

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
st2b;980200 said:
Did you decide to take the wastegate off?
Or can you go external?

nice catch. i just havent put it back on yet because i have to figure out how to make it work with the turbo blanket. ill post how i figure it out since it seems as if the blanket might restrict the opening and the colsing of the wastegate by putting presure on the arm coming from the waste gate acuater.

if anyone has ideas shoot them my way. i was thinking i am going to have to cut part of the blanket off.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
i didnt get too much done this weekend. i am waiting for alot the parts right now. i did get ansy and i mocked up the body pieces to give myself an idea of what need to be done madifiction wise. the back seems realitively good the sides are gonna be horrible. anyway. heres a look.

p982045_1.jpg

this week i think i am gonna do the body work while i wait for part. i am undecided on how much i can do with the parts from the na car i have because i dont want to run into having to take off parts i have installed becasue i cant get to stuff in.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
its tuesday after work. i was able to paint the back bumper monday. i let the paint cure until today. so i mounted that up. i love it. do you guys have any opinons on it. with the sides and lip i chose? anyway after i mounted that up i started taking parts of my old car. so that they can go on the new one. and so my buddy can have the old motor since that beast ran like a freaking champ! anyway thats my update for now.

here is the back bumper done. tomarrow im gonna contiue parts swapping and the side skirts from above. they need alot.
p984167_1.jpg

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
where in CT are you ? thats awesome work you did there btw. car looks great so far, and presumably your far from done huh ?

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
UkiSash;984486 said:
where in CT are you ? thats awesome work you did there btw. car looks great so far, and presumably your far from done huh ?
I'm in thomaston like 5 minutes from waterbury. I am nearing the end I hope. But I am still far from done. Pieceing it back togehter when everything rubber was burned is turning out to be quite the task.

tenpins26

Apr 4, 2008
cheshire, ct
im just glad that you let me be a part or your build and it is comin along great and all you need to get is those last few things and then you will be driftin with the pros...lol...well just wanted to say thanks for lettin me help you out

skrubs

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
time for the weekly update. hopefully soon the updates will go quciker as things that are more noticable will be done. And mike no prob its my pleasure dude seriously.

ok this week i got done the body harness wiring. this was a big deal to me because i had to detirmine if n.a. wiring and turbo wirning was the same(thank to Kckazdude for helping me figure that out (http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69461 )). it turns out there only difference is in the AC systems and i ditched that so im good. it was quite the task with crawling under the dash hooking up the junction block and running all the wires. next we moved onto the brake booter and master, clutch master, alternator,waterpump and clutch fan(not final install on that) and speedo cable. next things on the list to get done are running the new boost controller and intercooler lines. i am still waiting on getting paid so i can get the rest of the parts i need. i am waiting one the upper intake manifold and more importantly an engine wiring harness!

also on thursday i pulled the old motor out of my na to give to my good friend. check out the bellhousing!!!!! this is what lead to the purchess of the new car by the way.

will update again soon

old and new supras(i think the back bumper makes the back end look good)

p988923_1.jpg

thats what i got done doent look like alot but that wiring was a pain

p988923_2.jpg

bellhousing:3d_frown:

p988923_3.jpg

running the fuel and vaccum lines is gonna be a pain since i never got to see them before they burned away

p988923_4.jpg

anyone got any ideas how i can move the exhaust over like an inch its a blitz nur spec and coolezze dp ment for a 1jz mkIII

p988923_5.jpg

Last edited:

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
Ive heard the horror stories... but, this is the first time im seeing a bell housing in this condition..... ouch

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
weekly update time...sorry no pics for now. i finally scraped the money together to get the ret of the parts. should be like 2 weeks before they come in yay! i put my interior back together, hookd up the driveshaft, speedo cable,brake booster,throttle cable,clutch master, and then i moved onto body parts. i took the headlights and upper bumper from my other car and sanded them and preppe them for primer. then i took the badge out of the upper bumper and filled the hole. i smoothed it out and am going to put a regular toyota badge off of a prius on it instead. so i prmiered those and then put down the base color coat.

then i got my talon tsi running....yeah i have a dsm sorry guys!!!! but thats going to my brother.

after that i started stipping the old car and getting ready for my parts.i cant wait.....i m definetly going to need some help finishing her up though....CT whose in!

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
i lies i do have som pics ready.....please keep in mind none of this is lined up...i was just curious so i mocked up most of the front end.

Front end mocked up (mainy to see color matching)

p997024_1.jpg

Filled for new badge

p997024_2.jpg

Big prius badge

p997024_3.jpg