Suprahooked's Pearl White Build Thread

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Supra_Villan;1267352 said:
lookin good as usual john, not too bad for an old man :biglaugh:
about how much do one of those set you back?

Thanks bud, about $1200 its has 2500 miles on it. How your build coming?

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
suprahooked;1267600 said:
Thanks bud, about $1200 its has 2500 miles on it. How your build coming?
wow, not too bad for a next to new trans, the build has finally picked up pace now that i'm back on my feet, tomorrow comes installation of the new cps, and installing the new hose techniques vac line kit. I still need a few more parts from the dealer, i'm waiting on bryanintexas to get back at me about those, but check my thread, its updated for the most part aside from a few minor things

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Update: I was working on installing the R154, and i dislocted my shoulder while i was under the car. That put out of commission for about 2 weeks.
The transmission is installed, while i was there i changed the flywheel bolts to arp's.
I filled with Redline mt90 (3.2) quarts.
I changed the oil to royal purple.
Change the antifreeze to zerox g-05.
I test drove today and i love the Marlin Crawler short shifter.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
empera;1285548 said:
sucks ur on the other side of PA, if not i'd lend a hand.

Thanks Empera, I had to put it off for while but i got it done all by myself.
I wished you lived closer to so i could get advise with my Aem.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
suprahooked;1285543 said:
Update: I was working on installing the R154, and i dislocted my shoulder while i was under the car. That put out of commission for about 2 weeks.
The transmission is installed, while i was there i changed the flywheel bolts to arp's.

Marlin makes a short shifter? Any idea on price? Glad to hear about you finishing up John. Sorry to hear about your shoulder though.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
mk3forme;1285995 said:
Marlin makes a short shifter? Any idea on price? Glad to hear about you finishing up John. Sorry to hear about your shoulder though.

Allen i have no idea on how much but if you notice the tail shaft on the tranny it has been built up with and alum. block about 2 inches, the stock shifter has been lenghtened about 2 inches too.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
suprahooked;1285543 said:
too old for the game john! :biglaugh:
just kiddin man, keep it up, i didn't know u were aem, lucky bastard

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
suprahooked;1286310 said:
Allen i have no idea on how much but if you notice the tail shaft on the tranny it has been built up with and alum. block about 2 inches, the stock shifter has been lenghtened about 2 inches too.

Ok I see that now. I havent noticed but is there 2 extra inches of clearance between the the tranny and the tunnel? I guess there has to be or it would affect the angle of the tranny.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Supra_Villan;1286502 said:
too old for the game john! :biglaugh:
just kiddin man, keep it up, i didn't know u were aem, lucky bastard

Lol Too old? One day you too will be old.. :evil2:
I have the aem but been too lazy to install it.:biglaugh:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Supraholics;1288115 said:
Nice! Are you sure that's a marlin short shifter? I wonder what the 2" Alu block is for? How does the tranny feel compared to the old one?

Hey migiel, From what i heard marlin crawler includes the short shifter with their rebuilt tranny.
The tranny feels way tighter than the old one that was rebuilt before i got the car.
That Rons ffim I got from you is in the plans real soon.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Hey Dave nice to see you again. Hey life can get in the way and plans can change. I had planned lot for this car and never got it done!