Suprahooked's Pearl White Build Thread

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
Good! Its been a long road so far but i won't clutter your thread with my life stories haha. But all is well, and the car should be back on the road before summer with a 2jz and stinger EMS!!

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
I just saw this thread last night and started from the very beginning and read EVERY page. Impressive work. Seems like every time you had a problem big or small it'd be fixed within a week. I'm not a fan of the wheels but they really do look good on your car.

Do you ever plan to dyno the car just to see it's current output? And why are thinking about selling?

Random thought here lol, I thought sunroof was only available on the 90+. Lately I've been seeing pre89's with sunroof. Hmmm.

mrgibs121

Feb 4, 2015
rochester
So seeing as im kind of continuing this build where John left off, I figure ill just append to this thread as I work on the car. Other than just cleaning her up I plan to buy and install the following items in the next month or two:

-AEM TruBoost EBC
-some nice racing seats to replace the OEM ones (if anyone likes theirs and wants to recommend i'm open to suggestions!)
-oil change
-install greddy pyrometer if i can get the sensor to fit somehow (its too long and runs into the DP, are there shorter or right angle sensors available??)
-possibly do pads and rotors because they look a little tired
-wire up and mount the wideband

6 weeks till spring :icon_bigg

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
I'm in to see the build progress. In regards to seats definitely go to a shop that sells a bunch and sit in a bunch to see what you like the best. Nothing's worse than an uncomfortable seat haha.

mrgibs121

Feb 4, 2015
rochester
Got my Tru Boost in yesterday and went about opening up the gauge pod. Ripped out all the vampire clips because I hate those damn things so a little rewiring is in order... pics to come soon. Also John I hate you for using red wire for literally everything lol :asshole:

mrgibs121

Feb 4, 2015
rochester
Very pleased with my progress at this point. got the EBC fully installed and wired up the rest of the gauges. Also super pumped because I was able to pull apart the back of the EGT sensor and get it short enough to screw into the bung John had already welded. It fits nicely actually. I realized the wideband is not a gauge type wideband so Ill have to buy one of those as well. Other than that just added some breathers to cover up the open PCV ports and did some more cleaning. Ive been looking at attempting to put a headliner in it (its missing), and remanufactured ones seem to be completely unavailable. Anyone know where i can get one of these? Even just the board with some shitty fabric that I can reupholster would be fine....

Tru Boost solenoid installed
IMAG0659.jpg
EGT in after many tribulations
IMAG0669.jpg
well they all light up at least :)
IMAG0672.jpg
IMAG0668.jpg