subwoofer setups

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
well... if you dont have to have a spare tire in that car... ive always liked a spare tire well box... very clean install with plenty of depth for an average woofer and leaves you all of your hatch space... and back seat...

just an idea

-AcId-

Supra Sound

Supra Newbie
Jul 24, 2005
Stafford VA
Hers a couple of pics of my setup.

p1460636_1.jpg

p1460636_2.jpg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Cambo_MK3;1764518 said:
Anyone ever heard of Infinity Basslink? It comes with a sub and amp combined.

Yup, CRE had one in his mk3 and my gf has one in her civic. The Basslink 2 provides plenty of bass, is rather compact and economical. It will not fit in the mk3 trunk area and allow room for the targa. It's also nowhere near as tight-sounding as a lot of the nicer subs. But for the price (and if you dont have a targa) it's tough to beat.

DJones

Oct 12, 2011
KCMO
supraturbotimmy;1457346 said:
p1768025_1.jpg

p1768025_2.jpg

p1768025_3.jpg

thats what i ended up with mine til someone offered a good bit of cash for the whole install, now atm i just got a big empty space til i decide what i'm gonna do next.
Wish my setup had a flux-capacitor.... Seriously what is that? Even if it's just your power cables that looks awesome!

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
My sub setup.. Wood frame and fiberglass enclosure sunken into spare tire well. Sealed box. Sounds VERY clean - I am really happy with it, more so than I thought I would be! (This was in the clean up/reassembly stage so the targa mounts and carpet are not properly put back on yet)
p1771236_1.jpg

p1771236_2.jpg

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
do yu like the kicker amp?? D class? ive never had much luck with D class amps....to me the dont hold up well when yu push em hard,,,,maybe just my impression IDK...sweet install tho....

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Amps are all about matching their power abilities to your specific speaker application. If you don't know what you are doing its quite easy to buy the wrong wattage output, and therefore have a bad experience.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
MKIIISupraGuy;1771251 said:
Amps are all about matching their power abilities to your specific speaker application. If you don't know what you are doing its quite easy to buy the wrong wattage output, and therefore have a bad experience.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
true ,however i have noticed that class ab amps do have sonic advantages over d class amps...especially when driving subs .....thats what i wanted to say i reakon lol:icon_razz

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
Ive had that amp for 4 years now, and im hard on it. It powers those subs very nicely. I dont even listen to it at full volume, if i do, it actually hurts peoples ears (including mine, and i like bass!). Lol. Class D is just more efficient, so for subwoofers it is popular because most of the power is actually used to drive the subs, not lost in heat etc...

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
sweet ,i was just curious about the kicker amp...ive had a few d class amps and none impressed me much. i was considering a kicker tho and was just curious.

JL Custom Design

Nov 7, 2011
Bloomington-Normal Illinois
random question just something my and my mate were considering because ive got a spare set of rear seats from my other supra, we were considering putting them forward facing mounted inside the back seats we're new to messing with subs so its just a curiousity more or less, anyone think it would work? what we've got is a set of JL 10's

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
boombox1.jpg

Simple little box.. works nicely because its removable and movable.. and fits under the targa.
Simple.. so I have a simple picture.. if you want a pic of the sides, etc.. let me know.. otherwise.. I think you get the idea.. lol

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
Lightweight, discrete, and leaves tons of room in the hatch, not to mention enough for the targa w/o any issue.
IMG_20111031_162720.jpgIMG_20111031_162806.jpg

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I have an 8 inch slim sub underneath the seat. Very simple and really adds to the sound. Im not a bass junkie i just like balanced sound. On a few songs (No hands comes to mind..) it can NOT hit the bass notes, but for everything I usually listen to its perfect. I have it grounded to the seat mounting point and its a powered sub. Super simple to hook up and takes up essentially no room. One problem is playing bassy songs for an extended period of time. I listened to it at a decent volume for about 2 hours and the amp over heated. Im sure if I would have had the climate control on Bi-Level it wouldn't have overheated though, because there is a vent under the seat.

If I were to do it again, I would get the 10 inch slim and put it next to the spare tire in the hatch area, under the carpet, or ditch the spare tire, and make a custom box for that area. I just hate subs / sub boxes that take up room in the trunk, especially when theres very little with a Supra to begin with.