subframe bushing Delete?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
NYsBlueMA;1726427 said:
WOW well I been looking and found adjustable arms for the rear, but the front I cant find anything. Are there any upper arms that we can use like IS300 or MKIV arms I saw some JIC ones but they we're crazy money.

There should be plenty of adjustment in the front. Make sure the there not siezed or the tabs bent.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
lewis15498;1726529 said:
As a rule, if moderators are telling you you're wrong, you should reevaluate you position. They weren't appointed moderators because they were clueless.

Well, yes and no. Superior technical knowledge, while a plus, isn't a hard requirement for being staff here. It's one of the things we consider. But we also consider attitude, trustworthiness, ability to keep your head under pressure, how big of a bribe you've sent in, etc... :D (I will say you probably learn a lot as a staff member however...)

There are plenty of people who I'd call more knowledgeable than anyone on the staff. jetjock being a perfect example, but he's also smart enough to not be willing to put up with the shit that we put up with... ;)

With that said, when you've got more than one staff member telling you you're off base, along with a few members who have illustrated they know their ass from a hole in the wall, you should probably check your premises.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
lewis15498;1726529 said:
This whole thread is laughable.

As a rule, if moderators are telling you you're wrong, you should reevaluate you position. They weren't appointed moderators because they were clueless.
I was ;)

Supracentral;1726600 said:
Well, yes and no. Superior technical knowledge, while a plus, isn't a hard requirement for being staff here. It's one of the things we consider. But we also consider attitude, trustworthiness, ability to keep your head under pressure, how big of a bribe you've sent in, etc... :D (I will say you probably learn a lot as a staff member however...)

There are plenty of people who I'd call more knowledgeable than anyone on the staff. jetjock being a perfect example, but he's also smart enough to not be willing to put up with the shit that we put up with... ;)

With that said, when you've got more than one staff member telling you you're off base, along with a few members who have illustrated they know their ass from a hole in the wall, you should probably check your premises.

Still hurts to this day, could have at least used lube ;)

As for the "subject" Bump Steer is usually due to a difference in the pivot angles of the Rack ends and front suspension, raising lowering suspension can change the relationship and make it noticable, the Mk3 suspension has a HUGE range of travel, when I built my car I short stroked the shocks to limit travel, this masked any bump steer, the Mk3 isn't "bad" by any means but this was a lesson I learned with my 240z as they have MASSIVE bumpsteer due to the rack ends being inboard of the suspension pivots.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Based on looks, camber is needed to fit crazy offset wheels; If you want to wear out tires, and you are ok with that oh well. It's your money and your car. From a handling perspective camber helps to keep tire contact patch during cornering. look at pic below. How do you think that Supra would do with .8 to 1 degree negative on that turn?

p1726921_1.jpg

Some of us don't drive in strait lines only. Im not all about drag racing my Supra (boring) Some group A Supras would run - 6 degrees of camber to help with optimal tire contact patch under hard corners.

I find it, that running negative 2.5 to 3 degrees gives me the best handling for the street on street tires. It doesn't yield the best tire wear but it makes me happy wile I out corner and out handle all wheel drive cars ( EVO MR, EVO 8,9,10 and STI's) If I see the inside wearing a little bit uneven I just flip tires from left to right from wheel to wheel.

If I drive hard enough I can get a tire with - 3 degrees of camber, 0 toe and max caster, wear even all the way flat, sometimes i can get the outside to wear more. :naughty:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I believe I had something like 2.3-2.5° negative camber up front on my 88, due to it's stance. Had no significant issues with tire wear, and the thing handled great on the street. HOWEVER... gotta consider how much contact patch you're gonna have when you tilt your tires in so much. Nothing like having a 1" wide contact patch.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, there's a better option for making a car low... air bags. ;)

Nice face palm Poodles. I wonder how much thought had to be put into that...

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
soapra;1726921 said:
Based on looks, camber is needed to fit crazy offset wheels; If you want to wear out tires, and you are ok with that oh well. It's your money and your car. From a handling perspective camber helps to keep tire contact patch during cornering. look at pic below. How do you think that Supra would do with .8 to 1 degree negative on that turn?

p2007064_1.jpg

Some of us don't drive in strait lines only. Im not all about drag racing my Supra (boring) Some group A Supras would run - 6 degrees of camber to help with optimal tire contact patch under hard corners.

I find it, that running negative 2.5 to 3 degrees gives me the best handling for the street on street tires. It doesn't yield the best tire wear but it makes me happy wile I out corner and out handle all wheel drive cars ( EVO MR, EVO 8,9,10 and STI's) If I see the inside wearing a little bit uneven I just flip tires from left to right from wheel to wheel.

If I drive hard enough I can get a tire with - 3 degrees of camber, 0 toe and max caster, wear even all the way flat, sometimes i can get the outside to wear more. :naughty:

ok. does anyone know the wheel and tire specs on this car? this is exactly what i want to do with my 90.

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
gsxr141;2007064 said:
ok. does anyone know the wheel and tire specs on this car? this is exactly what i want to do with my 90.

This is a Factory Race car ,used by Toyota Team Australia and currently owned by John Smith. As such wheels are the best that money could buy -> 18" single bolt ,custom offset ,magnesium wheels. Rim width was regulated by the Group A rules and was 12".

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
gsxr141;2007179 said:
the fitment is PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Perfect ,but only for certain range of front camber ;) Of course noOne ever run more negative than =4 in competitive Motorsport events because there will be no breaking but the group A supra race cars looked quite cool even tough they were terribly slow because of the 7m.

Here are two of my favorites ultra high res GroupA pics that I guarantee you have not seen before (taken by a fellow FB group member at SPA in 1990):

SPA%201990%20FaceBook.jpg

SPA%201990%20FaceBook%203.jpg

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
IJ.;1726613 said:
As for the "subject" Bump Steer is usually due to a difference in the pivot angles of the Rack ends and front suspension, raising lowering suspension can change the relationship and make it noticable, the Mk3 suspension has a HUGE range of travel, when I built my car I short stroked the shocks to limit travel, this masked any bump steer, the Mk3 isn't "bad" by any means but this was a lesson I learned with my 240z as they have MASSIVE bumpsteer due to the rack ends being inboard of the suspension pivots.

So is there a way to adjust the angles back within spec while maintaining lowering springs?

LordDigital;2007238 said:
Here are two of my favorites ultra high res GroupA pics that I guarantee you have not seen before (taken by a fellow FB group member at SPA in 1990):

SPA%201990%20FaceBook.jpg

SPA%201990%20FaceBook%203.jpg

Beautiful cars, love seeing classic MKIII stuff like these

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
I am running 2.5 deg of camber in the front and 2.2 deg in the rear. I dont remember the toe of the top of my head and cant seem to find my last sheet. I can say that for my car this much is absolutley necessary even with 1350lb front springs. My temps are rather even with 37psi hot in the tires and the wear on the fronts were perfect. Of course my car is essentially track only. If you want to see why I need the camber here are some pictures

http://f-51gtphoto.smugmug.com/NASA...ummer/32031748_9VQLrd#!i=2781230355&k=njxkhVT