= / stripped top tranny bolt

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Justin727 said:
cut the head of the bold off.

I cant believe your the only one that mentioned it. i was thinkink that also. cut the bolt head of, seperate tranny from motor, and use vice grips to get the little stud thats left in there, you have alot more to grab on while the tranny is seperated after cutting the bolt head off.

p.s ofcourse this is after you pull the motor/trans out together, oh and make sure you bolt the trans up together again, no to tight but enough to were its sturdy to pull out instead of hangin on one bolt lol

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Wait did you strip the threads or just the head of the bolt? IF you stripped the head of the bolt then there is no reason to pull the motor.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Head of the bolt. If i dont remove the engine how else would I get to it??? I am going to JB weld a 6 point socket tonight and give it a shot in the morning. If that fails it is comming out. Unless some one has a really good idea...

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
dude i posted on how to get it off jb weld will just snap it will not work

just get spring bolt remover you only have t buy one or the set

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I had a same problem once was installing a new clutch. Should have seen me with the the dremel tool with the flexible shaft. Couldn't get a good angel to look at bolt while cutting the head off so it was all by feel since the clearance was also tight. So there i was under the car in winter in my driveway at night hugging my tranny cutting this bolt at night and I still can tell people with a straight face that I do this for fun.. :icon_bigg. I did not have an engine hoist so pulling the whole thing was not possible.