= / stripped top tranny bolt

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I am freaken 1 bolt away from dropping the tranny and it is now stripped. What would be the best way to take it off? I am already thinking of just pulling the engine. :cry:

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
It is the driver side one. I taked to my dad and I guess I will just pull the engine now unless some one has a great idea on how to get the bolt off.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Yeah. might as well pull the engine and do your na-t swap. I think that is the message your car is sending.

He stripped the bolt head, not the head bolt... Once its out of the engine, it is so much easier..

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
Yeah tranny is a bitch job. Especially that top center bolt (3 ft. extension and swivel 14mm socket), If it ever has to come out again I'm pulling the engine and the tranny together. Good luck on getting her out and the bolt hole fixed.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Oh, crap....Kyle wasn't helping you was he????:biglaugh: j/k

Anyway to get a pair of vise grips on there to hold it? I have some tools to get rounded nuts/bolts off that you can borrow if you like.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Cool Chris thanks. I'll see how bad it is after I pull it tomorrow or tuesday. Kyle came over today to pick up a part. He says he will be back on tuesday and help me. We'll have to see.

Oh and Chris I need some ic pipes :rolleyes: but that is another day.

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
If you aren't already using one, you may get lucky if you use a 6 sided socket instead of a 12 sided one.

Rather than pulling the motor, you can move it up and forward at least 6-12 inches without disconnecting fuel lines and wiring. That should be more than enough room to grab the head of the bolt with a better tool.

Just a thought...