Spoilers and Wings: Spoiler or wing

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
89niner;1778585 said:
Stock with no wing, and IMHO stock cars (and trucks) travel at speeds of 170 mph+ and don't have giant obnoxios wings on the back. And i have already stated that wings attract much uneeded attention thats just my opinion you don't have to get your panties in a bunch just because you live life a quater mile at a time.

Your right that looks so much nicer than the one rodel posted :nono: its all opinions because of stricklysupra's car realy making me think about rocking a gt wing but when i was 20 and fisrt got my car I though all wings were for fags and pulled off my stock one and my rear hatch shade and snapped them in half like a douche now im struggling to find a replica hatch shade local put on the 3 piece wing

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
89niner;1778585 said:
Stock with no wing, and IMHO stock cars (and trucks) travel at speeds of 170 mph+ and don't have giant obnoxios wings on the back. And i have already stated that wings attract much uneeded attention thats just my opinion you don't have to get your panties in a bunch just because you live life a quater mile at a time.

Just curious what you call a 'stock' truck that can do 170mph... 120, sure. 150 if you're in a Ram SRT, sure. But 170? Come on man...

I agree with you to an extent though, that you'll generally attract more attention in proportion to the size of your spoiler. However, I could paint my car bright pink and it probably wouldn't attract all that much more attention than it already does. Just depends on where you are.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
te72;1778749 said:
Just curious what you call a 'stock' truck that can do 170mph... 120, sure. 150 if you're in a Ram SRT, sure. But 170? Come on man...

I agree with you to an extent though, that you'll generally attract more attention in proportion to the size of your spoiler. However, I could paint my car bright pink and it probably wouldn't attract all that much more attention than it already does. Just depends on where you are.

Think stock as in Nascar not stock as in factory. ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
suprarx7nut;1778773 said:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
I agree..lol
26r92.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarx7nut;1778773 said:
I figured. They'd have bigger wings if they had to actually turn though. As it is, top speed tends to be priority, and downforce kills top end unfortunately.

T701jz;1778824 said:
I agree..lol
26r92.jpg
Not bad. Looks like it's from a 240sx to me though?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ahh... I see. Not horrible. That car at 6:48, was that Ray's? Wonder why it was smoking...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
T701jz;1779546 said:
I'm not sure but it was the car that made the highest 7m hp last year at silv.
I remember seeing Ray's car back in... oh, must have been 2007 or 2008 at SILV, he made just shy of 1000rwhp, so that wouldn't surprise me. IIRC, Tony of UMS (that orange and black monster) took the cake not only for 7m's, but of the entire event last year.

antigram;1779598 said:
BeeR-S15-26.jpg

how about this one?

That... Is... Awesome.

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
mytmk3;1778594 said:
Your right that looks so much nicer than the one rodel posted :nono: its all opinions because of stricklysupra's car realy making me think about rocking a gt wing but when i was 20 and fisrt got my car I though all wings were for fags and pulled off my stock one and my rear hatch shade and snapped them in half like a douche now im struggling to find a replica hatch shade local put on the 3 piece wing

I wasn't comparing who's ride looked nicer, and i've had my car since july have put way more work into just getting it to run right and find all the missing trim pieces, check out my build thread if your interested

www.supramania.com/forums/showthrea...lues-The-project-begins&p=1778499#post1778499

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
89niner;1776881 said:
No wing! wings attract too much attention from the wrong people, ie- police, punk kids that drive hondas with loud exhausts and think they're car is faster than yours so they do the speed up and slow down crap next to you trying to get you to race and annoying you with the sound that comes from stock diameter piping and a 4in. diameter muffler. And stock wings look cool too..... hondas suck lol

I bet my honda can kick your mk3 supra's ass. Stop hating on hondas, not all hondas suck.

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
Torque;1779984 said:
I bet my honda can kick your mk3 supra's ass. Stop hating on hondas, not all hondas suck.

I bet my 87 Toyota pickup will eat your supra alive, and unless you have a seriously built engine i really doubt your Honda could keep up with my Supra, I will not stop hating Honda's, IMO Honda's are garbage. Also i have owned a 95 Civic and a 90 Acura Integra neither of those cars compared to the supra.

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
Dude, i'm just sick of people talking mad crap about Hondas. you sound just like those muscle car guys generalizing that all imports suck. Out of the thousands of riced out hondas out there, there are a few nice ones out there. Just like our beloved MK3 supra; out of the couple of thousand of busted looking ones, there is like 20 good looking ones.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
89niner;1776881 said:
No wing! wings attract too much attention from the wrong people, ie- police, punk kids that drive hondas with loud exhausts and think they're car is faster than yours so they do the speed up and slow down crap next to you trying to get you to race and annoying you with the sound that comes from stock diameter piping and a 4in. diameter muffler. And stock wings look cool too..... hondas suck lol

Ive seen a lot of nice hondas. I never get hit up by honda drivers. Why do they mess with you?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
89niner;1779993 said:
Also i have owned a 95 Civic and a 90 Acura Integra neither of those cars compared to the supra.
Couldn't you have bought both of those for what a Supra cost at the time? Just different cars sir... I love when Honda powers the correct wheels with sporting intentions, the results tend to be quite nice.

Torque;1780002 said:
Just like our beloved MK3 supra; out of the couple of thousand of busted looking ones, there is like 20 good looking ones.
This is true as well. For every good looking Mk3 (Mk2, Mk4, whatever) that you see, there are another 5-20 that are sitting and rotting. :nono:

rodel;1780011 said:
Ive seen a lot of nice hondas. I never get hit up by honda drivers. Why do they mess with you?
Rodel, I'm sure most people in Hondas would crap themselves upon seeing your car, even if they have a quicker than most car...

slowmedown;1780325 said:
Got any more pictures? Normally I can't stand stretched tires and more than necessary camber, but this guy seems to have found a nice balance overall. Looks good, park bench and all. :)