so what really wrong with the 1g-gte?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
flight doc89 said:
ummmmmm, a transverse mount straight six?
Celicas were RWD for the first what, 10 years of their existance?

I don't know, the 1G would be an interesting motor, if there wasn't the 1JZ sitting beside it that says "get this instead" written all over it. From what I've heard, the 1G is a damn strong motor (like JZ strong). I'm not sure what the bore/stroke ratios are on them, but you never know, maybe they can rev to 10k easily too.

Still, If I had a GA70, I would feel dirty, like all of the GTS-T skylines around when they could have gotten a GT-R. Why get a GA70 when you could have gone for a JZA70.

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
drunk_medic said:
..or are you talking about substituting the 1G into 70's model Celicas?
Yep and as to why 3sgte don't go into them too often, its simply cost more expensive engine and much more expensive conversion.

Theres no point building a proper 1ggte cos spare motors are so cheap. The ke30 rolla with one in it was revving to around 8300rpm on a stock motor. It let go eventually but the motor was rooted before it was shoved full of boost.

For a six they are a fair bit shorter then a 1jzgte and when you have a 1000kg car like a Ra23 or 28 etc putting a 1jzgte in is pretty much pointless because you just can't get the power down.:biglaugh:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
annoyingrob said:
Celicas were RWD for the first what, 10 years of their existance?

I don't know, the 1G would be an interesting motor, if there wasn't the 1JZ sitting beside it that says "get this instead" written all over it. From what I've heard, the 1G is a damn strong motor (like JZ strong). I'm not sure what the bore/stroke ratios are on them, but you never know, maybe they can rev to 10k easily too.

Still, If I had a GA70, I would feel dirty, like all of the GTS-T skylines around when they could have gotten a GT-R. Why get a GA70 when you could have gone for a JZA70.

75X75