Sheedy Built Supra

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
89jdm7m;1925314 said:
coming together nicely... I'm likin it :cool:

thanks!

Several hours + goop off + rerouting a few wires, you get this.
not the best, but definitely cleaned up the engine bay a lot!

still waiting on my downpipe flange do get made, then i can take it to the exhaust shop, then tuned
p1925735_1.jpg

p1925735_2.jpg

p1925735_3.jpg

p1925735_4.jpg

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
cars finally put together and sounds great with just the downpipe on!
taking it to the exhaust shop on monday, and hopefully can figure out this issue with the dipstick.

im running a driftmotion style header with the t4 flange toward the back of the engine. im not able to run the factory dipstick (i would have to hack up my old one to fit), do you guys recommend any aftermarket one i can run that will clear my new header?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
kakanator;1925892 said:
dam bro hx35 I just put mine on with a t3 to t4 spacer. The dp was a bitch to make but its worth it bro. Boost comes on hard but not till 5000 rpm or so.

How is yours coming on at 5k when DSM's are at full boost by 3500?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
thats a pretty slow spooling turbo, i wonder if he is running the bigger exhaust housing that came on some of the dodge turbo diesels?

19cturbo

Dec 14, 2012
Kingsport tn
When i was running my holset HX35 on my 4 cylinder, i was getting like 10PSI at 2700 rpm, i would think it would spool quicker on the straight 6.. i think i had full boost around 3500

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Your red wire is bugging me.

Run it through the hold next to the battery and under the fender and follow the body harness and run it through the boot of the body harness.

Also stick the relay behind the fender as well on the pass side.

Looks great tho.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
hvyman;1927666 said:
Your red wire is bugging me.

Run it through the hold next to the battery and under the fender and follow the body harness and run it through the boot of the body harness.

Also stick the relay behind the fender as well on the pass side.

Looks great tho.

thanks

yeah that red wire has been bugging me since day one when i went to look at the car before i bought it

good idea on the relay, i didnt think of putting it there

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
exhaust is done and sounds great with a full 3'' turbo back!

going to make a custom oil dipstick tube soon, then take it to cajunkenny for a tune

next on the list is:
afrp from driftmotion
new intercooler lines
bigger intercooler
ffim?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
looks good!

i see you tucked the downpipe in there a little better than i did.
where did you put the heater control valve?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
ill try and get a sound clip here soon

bad news earlier, turbo will need a rebuild. i was taking a chance with a used turbo off a diesel with 100k miles anyway, smokes quite a bit.
wastegate needs rotated 90* from how it is now. the dump tube only has a couple inches and hits the oil pan :(

with the new header the car has a deeper sound and sounds more cammed which is awesome. still using the same 272 snyder racing cams

edit: kakanator, did you ever get your car dyno'd with that turbo?

19cturbo

Dec 14, 2012
Kingsport tn
hx35 is cheap to rebuild, i went to a local truck shop and had them order me the kit, 100 bucks, rebuilt it myself. just need some snap ring pliers and a small torque wrench.. mark the from wheel on the shaft and put it back exactly like it was.. had no issues to date.. i managed to get a hx35 that was water cooled as well though. not sure if ill hook that up on the 1j or not, as it doesnt really need it. it does help with cooling the turbo though..

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
19cturbo;1928005 said:
hx35 is cheap to rebuild, i went to a local truck shop and had them order me the kit, 100 bucks, rebuilt it myself. just need some snap ring pliers and a small torque wrench.. mark the from wheel on the shaft and put it back exactly like it was.. had no issues to date.. i managed to get a hx35 that was water cooled as well though. not sure if ill hook that up on the 1j or not, as it doesnt really need it. it does help with cooling the turbo though..

The only thing that worries me about rebuilding my own turbo, I can't balance it. I'm too afraid that it'll be ever so slightly off balance and at 100k+ rpms, that can be dangerous.