She is finally down on her own two feet!! (hams old supra)

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It will stay two tone for the next few years yes. I'm going to paint match the front bumper in the next month or so once the front lip is on, and that's how it will stay for now.

Johnd - thanks, it was very time consuming trying to get the 4" exhaust just right for my setup and muffler. The old 4" down pipe I had gave me less then 2" if ground clearance so when I backed the car out of the garage it scraped. With this new exhaust, I have almost 4" at the lowest point, so I'm happy with how it turned out.

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Janz99;1830112 said:
Well, it has finally made it to the point where I can driven it around the block!!! Everything seems to be working properly, and the only thing leaking now is the rack. That can be fixed at a later date lol.

p1831009_1.jpg

p1831009_2.jpg

hmmmm??? Was there a change of mind???

kikdurazz

what's the birdcage for?
Apr 1, 2005
winnipeg
Can't wait to see you bring this thing out on the streets.

Definitely been anticipating the return of this car.

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
mk3_7m - LOL!!! Good eye, no one has caught on yet. Yes, had a slight change of heart. Its a BW S375 with a t6 turbine housing. Should be a bit more street friendly then the GT47 that was originally on the car.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Its at the point now where I can actually drive the car. I just have to get insurance put on it and then start tuning. I might wait and get the bumper paint matched first, but we'll see.

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Figured Id put a quick update up, its been a long journey but the car is getting closer and closer. Here it is before the snow came :

p1899770_1.jpg

p1899770_2.jpg

p1899770_3.jpg

p1899770_4.jpg

And for good measure, we tested out the line lock. The wife was scared she was going to get hit with a rock so she was kind of hiding in the garage.

[video=youtube_share;DNpkFZusO-A]http://youtu.be/DNpkFZusO-A[/video]

p1899770_5.jpg

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Its been a long week of late nights trying to get the car ready for the first test and tune this year. Its going to be right down to the wire I figure, but hopefully we will make it. I got the car down and set the ride height tonight with the new radial setup. I also started to play with the 2 step tonight as well. I need to do a bit more testing with it, but it looks like it might work out instead of using nitrous to spool the turbo. At least I think it will, but I guess we will see how the first test and tune goes.

[video=youtube;dF89Nb0lp_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF89Nb0lp_Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
that was a really clean car, but I like how the engine bay looks, btw nice manitoba plates good to see other canadians doing nice builds. You basically rebuilt this thing for the drag strip instead of the street then?

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Few pics from yesturday.

Getting setup for the day:

Passed tech with flying colours!

Pit crew:

And after the diff exploded. Had to tow it backwards so the diff didnt bind up:

Car ended up going 10.2 with a 1.31 60' first pass of the trailer on only 19lbs of boost. Second pass we sheared the pinion off at the flange and trashed the diff. Car definitely had a mid 9 second pass in it if we had the chance to get the boost up.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
thats sick, yeah I definately like the look of the zigens with the two-tone paint, but you need steelies for drag racing. What you doing for a differential now, aftermarket I take it? That's crazy fast that anti-lag must make a hell of a difference. I actually thought about a bee-r rev limiter for my car but I heard they like to destroy turbos.

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Not to sure on the diff as of right now. I need to see how this one broke and why and go from there. The car is setup really well and is hooking hard. I think the 1.31 60' we did was just to much for this diff. I might start looking into another IRS setup, possibly an 8.8 or 9" IRS.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
massive off the line torq shears them and wonte harm the gears at all

but ya had to toe it back word's so it shows there no bind of gears (cracked carrie or massize jam from teeth and what not) since when ya go back words it push's the pinon gear out words.

only other thing is your diff is set up to tight and the pinon got to hot