Sawbladz build. Lots of pics...possibly some progress.

89supraa

Jul 20, 2009
milwaukee
Do you have MKIV floor mats in there? How do they fit? I was thinking of getting some but i was unsure on the fitment.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
89supraa;1546798 said:
Do you have MKIV floor mats in there? How do they fit? I was thinking of getting some but i was unsure on the fitment.

They are Mk4 fitment but not actual Mk4 mats. I don't like mine. There is a link in the Misc vendor section to a lady who makes excellent floormats to whatever specs you want. If you can't find it, I think Jugodegolf made the thread.

In other news, IT RUNS!!!! It's loud as hell and my power steering pump whines but it runs. Thowing a few codes though.

2 4 - Intake temp sensor. I am running MAFT-Pro with the appropriate temp sensor so not sure what to do.

3 2 AFM signal. Same as above. I am running speed density with the MAFT-Pro so AFM is gone.

5 1 - No IDL or NSW or A/C. I pulled the AC out of the car. All except whats behind the dash.

5 2 - This is the one I figured I would get. I think I should rewire the knock sensors. They have had the rewire done in the past but I want to do it again myself.

I will be pulling the EFI fuse to clear the codes and then seeing what comes back. I doubt any of these could be stored codes but I should test it anyways.

DallasCRX

4-cyl Blasphemer
Oct 28, 2009
Oshawa
Hi, first time posting. I have two questions for you, after driving a riced out Civic before this Supra, why did you decide to bring some rice over and stick it on your A-pillar? Thanks for any clarification :)

LOL, but honestly, this car sounds like it has a big block in it right now. Can't wait to hit the strip and put this car in its place!

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Ok, time to update this thing. No pictures because nothing has improved from an aesthetic point of view. If anything it has gotten worse. lol

I had a hell of a time trouble shooting my code 51. Turned out to be a broken wire in the wiring harness. Had to pull the entire wiring harness of the engine to repair the wire since it broke under the intake manifold. So as it sits, the wiring it 75% back on in the car but I am waiting to finish it off so I can run the new knock sensor wiring inside the loom. Then it all goes back together and with any luck, no more codes 51 or 52. Then its a bit of cutting and soldering in of a resistor to fix my codes 32 and 24. At which point the car should run code free and I will be able to start playing with the MAFT-Pro settings to get all base settings correct for a test drive.

DallasCRX

4-cyl Blasphemer
Oct 28, 2009
Oshawa
I think it looks better pal...

p1549655_1.jpg

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Man I don't envy you. Finding that wire must've been a nightmare, but glad you found it. So you'll have it going in a couple weeks?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
If the necessary parts arrive I want it driving around the neighborhood this weekend. Still need my throttle cable, knock sensor wiring and charcoal canister. Exams start next week so this needs to happen asap. I have to move at the end of the month and I'll be damned if I am calling a tow truck.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Well I have solved 3/4 codes. All thats left is the 2 4 code and I dont know why it isn't fixed. Oh well. Putting in the throttle cable tonight. I haven't decided if I will test drive it or not. Might wait for daylight and to not piss off the neighbors anymore than I have to.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Apparently all codes are solved. Drove the car today and it is running kinda rough but I attribute this to it being completely untuned. Have a lot of reading to do before I start actually doing stuff with the MAFt-Pro. I took some pics to commemorate this momentous day.

p1554109_1.jpg

p1554109_2.jpg

p1554109_3.jpg

p1554109_4.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Without a garage? You better find one, that car will not last long if you do your work outside and park it outside. Find a friend where you can park it or storage.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Good thind you fixed the wire in the harness. That is the reason I bought my new engine harness for my car.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Ya I don't want it stored outside so there will need to be something done. As soon as I get money the bitch will be tuned. Very excited. More pics.

p1554219_1.jpg

p1554219_2.jpg

p1554219_3.jpg

p1554219_4.jpg

p1554219_5.jpg

p1554219_6.jpg

p1554219_7.jpg

p1554219_8.jpg

p1554219_9.jpg

Last edited:

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Today the car moved with me to my new house and it did so under its own power. I win. lol

Spent some time and money today. I drove to the local exhaust shop and had the downpipe extended to reach the cat. It is now hooked up and sounds normal again. I think it seems too quiet but that's just because I got used to open downpipe.

I then decided to tackle the fender that got dented. I don't have body skills so I didn't even try to fix the dent. Instead, I am trying to paint the gigantic scuff so that it doesn't rust before I get the money to fix it properly. So here is what I have done thus far.

p1557950_1.jpg

p1557950_2.jpg

p1557950_3.jpg

p1557950_4.jpg

p1557950_5.jpg

p1557950_6.jpg

p1557950_7.jpg

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Good stuff Jamie. Glad its moving under it's power. I'd like to see how the paint comes out when you're done. Looks good so far.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
It's all finished now. I laid down 4 thin coats and it ended up decently flat with minimal orange peel. The colour is a little darker and the edges where it was taped were raised. I used a brush and touched up around the edges to blend it a bit. Will have pics up later.