Sawbladz build. Lots of pics...possibly some progress.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Stock. I have it mounted and I'm happy with it for now. Will take pics of it later when I have some time again. Getting swamped by my thesis project and other assignments.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
love the build thread and your car,the thread was def. an emotional rollercoaster. i can only imagine what you go through owning this car lol

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Here's a shot of the coolant overflow. It will work for now until I find something I like better. At least I know it will function like stock.

p1537856_1.jpg

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Sawbladz;1528792 said:
Pics:
p1537921_1.jpg

Unto your fitting lists, you'll definitely need to add a check valve which will be plumbed into the PCV line routed from the valve cover to the intake mani'. Otherwise you'll pressurize the crankcase under boost. I didn't see this mentioned, and thought maybe you had overlooked it's importance

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I hated the silver and its going to be mounted on top of the steering column so it had to change. I also did some more important things. I cut the intake pipe so the filter fit properly behind the overflow. Then I figured out the wiring for the MAFT pro so its ready to go in. I put in the pillar pod gauges and ran most of their lines. All that's left is to get power to the boost gauges light bulb and that will be done. Then I can get the wiring done for everything else and button up the interior. It's getting close now. I brought home my battery charger so I can give the battery a fresh charge for priming the oil system. :)

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I wanted to show what the interior looked like at this point. In short...like shit. Lots going on but it will pull together quickly.

p1539523_1.jpg

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I'm using the upper Samco hose but the lower one doesn't fit with how I have my power steering reservoir lines routed. When I redo those lines I should be able to get the lower hose to fit. I wish it was just a proper 7M fitment because I don't like how the 1J hose fits.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I made a ton of progress in the past few days. The wiring inside the car is done. All that is left for wiring is the electric fan wire to a switched 12V source. All other wiring is done...except whatever I need to fix. The interior is back together and all gauges are fully installed. The rad is filled with coolant and checked for leaks. The power steering reservoir is filled. Pulled the battery out of the house and let it sit on a charger for an hour or so. Now just waiting on 2 IC couplers and 5 t bolt clamps to finally get that finished. Then its a million and 1 vacuum lines and I think it should run. I also need a throttle cable and a charcoal cannister before it is ready to move under its own power. Once its able to move I will need to drive to an exhaust shop and have them extend my downpipe to the rest of the exhaust. Then its on to tuning and good times. lol

Here are a few pictures just for fun.
p1542234_1.jpg

p1542234_2.jpg

Also, can someone tell me what this is? I'm sure I've seen it before but I don't know what it does or what it should be hooked to. Most likely just a regular vacuum source.
p1542234_3.jpg

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
That is a VSV, there are 2 of those. 1 is for the EGR and the other is for somethign that I dont remember right off the top of my head. Pretty easy to find in the manual, i think its for the FPR