San antonio

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Suprapowaz!(2);1820127 said:
I bet you were there. Was that you in the silver SC300??

Yeah, I ran a 13.27@101mph. For some reason I really thought I was going to do better than that. My mph was exactly the same when I ran that 14.63 last time out when my clutch was slipping. I thought that was strange. Miguel and some friends were there. I told you guys I was bad at names. We had a good time. Hopefully Miguel got some good footage and will post the runs when he has the time.

No I didn't get to make it out there. But, I know one of the guys workin in the tower. Was talkin to him and he mentioned some supra guys and I recognized your car when he described it.

If anyone knows someone with a JZZ30/Soarer engine harness for sale please let me know. I'd rather not pay 1200 for Tweak'd Performance to build me a harness. Then I'll be getting full suspension and all bushings cause it feels like my car is gonna fall apart sometimes lol

Also going to talk to a buddy of mine about pre-ordering the new Subaru BRZ, what are your guys' thoughts on the BRZ/FRS?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
slopra;1822122 said:
Also going to talk to a buddy of mine about pre-ordering the new Subaru BRZ, what are your guys' thoughts on the BRZ/FRS?

Looks good. 2.0l 4cylinder RWD... sounds good to me. You know there's going to be aftermarket for this car. New and with a warranty, what are you waiting for?

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Waiting for Tuesday when he gets back from vacation lol
6spd, LSD, integrated GPS/bluetooth, lowest center of gravity of any production car, sport seats, and yes tons of aftermarket will be available I'm sure.
All for ~25k

Beats daily driving my loud open exhaust, no AC, no heat, no radio, beat to hell interior SC300 lol

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
slopra;1822122 said:
No I didn't get to make it out there. But, I know one of the guys workin in the tower. Was talkin to him and he mentioned some supra guys and I recognized your car when he described it.
G9
If anyone knows someone with a JZZ30/Soarer engine harness for sale please let me know. I'd rather not pay 1200 for Tweak'd Performance to build me a harness. Then I'll be getting full suspension and all bushings cause it feels like my car is gonna fall apart sometimes lol

I know a guy in Austin that's always wiring up 1jzs. If you want I can give him a call.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
1988ma70supra;1822937 said:
That car is sooooo sweeeeeet!!! The TRD version is sick!! Are you planning on getting the turbo model? :naughty:

I wish there was a turbo model. Subaru is talking about making an sti model in about a year that will be turbo. This won't be my turbo car though so it's not that big of a deal to me. Just want a nice daily driver that handles really well, good on gas, comfortable, and decently fast. I'll probably do I/H/E

S.A. supra;1822958 said:
I know a guy in Austin that's always wiring up 1jzs. If you want I can give him a call.

Please! I'd really appreciate it.

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
Hey Slopra hit me up, I'm in Austin and can prob help you with the harness. I'm actually dropping the 1j in gf's sc today.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah travis, he's legit! I've know him a year and he's always dropping a engine in something. I just told him last week he should start a wiring service locally, because he's damn good at it.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah all done..... Now to tackle the fuel system, fuel lines, fuel filter, and buy a banjo bolt for the fuel rail I lost. Then coolant system, and finally try and fire it up. Maybe in three weeks if everything goes right.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Well i decided to take my running Supra off the road. I'll be starting a build thread of getting it back together. I'm gonna be pulling the engine today or tomorrow to fix some oil leaks and rewire harness. Plans are to make it easy to look at so i'm going to paint it and get the inside nice and purdy. I'll be upgrading the clutch and pressure plate while the engine is out. Well thats the plan so hopefully i can have it done by the end of the month. Has anyone painted their own car or know anyone with a "fair" price. I want the engine bay painted also.