Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Oh no he didn't!!

0635_f205.gif

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Lol ......yes i did Rufus!!! And yes Mike thats the plan. Whatever clips i can get will be changed out. I also think i know why the knock sensor code is coming on (code 52) . The TRSM doesnt show it torque setting for the knock sensor so i reached and found around 30-33ft/lbs. I know when i took that front one off it was waaaay over that. So it could have been a compounded problem.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Yeah...i don't know yet about a complete wire tuck yet. Maybe in the future. Just gonna try and stay on my new path of rebuild. I've changed my mind too many times so this is going to be it. Get it painted, interior, wheels, and power.

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Holy crap, I just realised how long it's been since I've been on here, I'm sorry guys lol how is everyone? I'll read back through the posts I've missed. On an off note, a very nice white MK3 Turbo with chrome rims drove past my house yesterday.

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
still in the club lol baby and work have been keeping me busy, got the head back from Clay's, gotta throw it back on now, already have the ARP Head Stud set, also got the exhaust stud kit from Driftmotion (my exhaust studs were pulling out). Considering deleting the egr but idk yet. Also, kicked myself hard in the ass, when I took the head off, I didnt remove the lower section of the intake manifold IN THE CAR, I cut the wires that passed through the manifold and continued out the bottom of the engine bay (starter, etc i think?) So, I improved the wiring design, I lengthened those wires by about a foot and soldered/heatshrunk the extension so it's weatherproof and can now pass between the manifold and the firewall to make future removal of the head easier. Just need to clean the block surface, buy a new timing belt and some miscilooneyous hoses and try to remember where everything went lol

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1829881 said:
Miguel, did you ever get your vacuum issue sorted out? Gonna go back to the track anytime soon to see if you improve your e.t.'s??
As a matter of fact i did. I had three busted hoses overall an two that were cracked and were about to let go. The one that was causing the most trouble was the large one that goes accross to the metal pipe along the 3000 pipe. It was getting chewed up by my strut tower bar so i need to figure out what im gonna do about that. All in all I have learned that those silicone hoses that i bought were basically junk and im changing all my hoses back to rubber with new clamps. I already got a different bov as well but im gonna wait and see if the one i have on now starts working again after the vacuum leaks are fixed. I also found a coolant leak on the hose i mentioned earlier. I ordered it from champion and they sent me the wrong hose :nono: The order placed was correct but somebody screwed up in the packaging department and sent me an air hose that connects to the accordian inlet so now i have to wait 3-5 days to get the correct one. :icon_mad:

I am gonna try and make it out to the strip again to redeem myself but i definately need to get some drag radials to be serious about the time slip. I'm still planning on going to watch the races, race the car a bit, or watch my friend race his truck. He's gotten pretty excited about the whole scene, he's talking about running a small shot of nitrous on it to see how the truck holds up (against my advice since the truck is basically still stock) :aigo:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Hey, don't knock the 4.8l vortec. Have your friend read this http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_1109_stock_gm_ls_engine_big_bang_theory/ . They set out to put as much power to this motor to deliberately destroy it. They ended up making over 1200hp before they ran out of (dyno) time, and it was still going strong. This was the article I was telling him about while at the dragstrip.

Here's another article I've read and I was really really thinking about going this route. http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/...53l_gen_iii_small_block_for_3252/viewall.html
5.3's are abundant, and have lots of off the shelf aftermarket support.