S.A. supras metro (gay) blue 87 2jz build

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Dusting this old thing off. I think everything is fixed, just need some insurance and I can drive it to a shop to mount my exhaust. Oh yeah starting to get the bug again.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well this thing took 2 1/2 years but I finally got this thing on the road. hopefully I can keep it on the there. I'm gonna run it for 6 months or so, before I put more money into it. If I can keep it running the next thing to tackle will be the suspension, and rims and tires. Heres a quick video of a walk around.

[video=youtube_share;UztMKfpX9PI]http://youtu.be/UztMKfpX9PI[/video]

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Not gonna be able to make the fun run. My daughter has a dance competition that day.

Im gonna buy that map sensor from that guy on sf. Tomorrow im gonna order two cam sensors, and two new connectors for them. She should be running again in a week or so. The good rhing is that all that stuff is on top, so I can button her up and just wait for the parts to come in.

Really need to ceramic coat that exhaust manifold and housing. ..

20140213_174736_zpsne9wjgsq.jpg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Understandable. I've cancelled on a fun run hanging out with the family before. That's good news on the map sensor. It's good to have as a spare just incase yours is still good anyway. Will ceramic coating withstand all the heat that manifold will endure?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah, they ceramic coat manifolds. Only thing is it's pretty pricey. The guy with the map still hasn't come through. But I did order two cam position sensors, two connectors, and a knock sensor clip. So hopefully I can get that map by the end of the week, and get her back on the road. I might even buy a new fuel pressure regulator to be on the safe side.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Bought some 550's, borg warner s362 fmw, and a safc a while back. Progress has been slow but I've managed to install the 550's and bolt on the turbo. Still need to install the safc but here's some of my progress so far.20140904_201831_zpsipd15fqm.jpg 20140904_202245_zpsewxpigwf.jpg20140904_202305_zpsc2rmslpn.jpg

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Been running this thing for a while, and even tried to sell it. That was till the ecu capacitors gave out on it. So I took it off the market. Since I got the ecu back I have really enjoyed driving it. So I've been dumping more money into it. It is in desperate need of some shocks, so I've decided to drop in some lowering springs while I'm at it. I have some tokico blues, and eibach springs on their way, and I hope to have them in next week. Been doing little things here and there to try and make it look nice, like window trim, straightening out my front lip, buff it out, replace damaged side molding, freshen up the wiper arms, new wipers, and sourcing a radiator grill. Next thing will be a aluminum radiator, and electric fans. I really don't want to but if I want to run my a/c it's gonna be my only choice. My intercooler pipe runs down right were the a/c fan is located so I had to take it off, and it ain't gonna get any cooler down in south Texas. Oh yeah I have put 2000 miles on the swap so far. I just rolled 59000 miles the other day.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Been running this thing for a while, and even tried to sell it. That was till the ecu capacitors gave out on it. So I took it off the market. Since I got the ecu back I have really enjoyed driving it. So I've been dumping more money into it. It is in desperate need of some shocks, so I've decided to drop in some lowering springs while I'm at it. I have some tokico blues, and eibach springs on their way, and I hope to have them in next week. Been doing little things here and there to try and make it look nice, like window trim, straightening out my front lip, buff it out, replace damaged side molding, freshen up the wiper arms, new wipers, and sourcing a radiator grill. Next thing will be a aluminum radiator, and electric fans. I really don't want to but if I want to run my a/c it's gonna be my only choice. My intercooler pipe runs down right were the a/c fan is located so I had to take it off, and it ain't gonna get any cooler down in south Texas. Oh yeah I have put 2000 miles on the swap so far. I just rolled 59000 miles the other day.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Here's a pic of her before the drop, and I'll post the after pic as soon as I drop her.

Damn is she high! But that's not the worst part. The drivers side is a 1-1.5 inches higher then the passengers side.

20150330_191014_zpsekw7l1io.jpg
20150330_191000_zps9glrqm6f.jpg

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
akito;2044347 said:
GLad you're still messing around with her, that engine bay is realy clean!

Thanks, man. Been watching too much fast and loud..... it helps motivate me and get my lazy ass off the couch.

So I got my shocks in, and my springs will be here Thursday. So I decided to prep the car so that I can knock it out when they get here, and that's when I noticed I'm gonna have to take out the rear interior!! Wtf. Oh well time to get busy.

20150407_134046_zps131crfql.jpg20150407_134008_zpsffnj3la5.jpg

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Yup, pretty much the whole rear interior needs to come out. It ain't fun but it's not that bad. Great choice on those tokico blues HP, Good luck!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I too am glad you have interest in the 'ole Sup again. After all that work you wanting to sell it baffled me. It's a nice clean car, and deserves to be driven. Enjoy it Mike, you worked hard on her. When I get my junk up and going we'll go for a cruise with the rest of the guys one day.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);2044797 said:
I too am glad you have interest in the 'ole Sup again. After all that work you wanting to sell it baffled me. It's a nice clean car, and deserves to be driven. Enjoy it Mike, you worked hard on her. When I get my junk up and going we'll go for a cruise with the rest of the guys one day.

Sounds good Rufus.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
akito;2044785 said:
Yup, pretty much the whole rear interior needs to come out. It ain't fun but it's not that bad. Great choice on those tokico blues HP, Good luck!

Yeah, I'm a old man and didn't see the need to go coilovers. Just I nice spring, shock setup and I'm good to go. Really anything is better than what I have now. Plus I could spend that extra money on something else. Like say wheels and tires.

I didn't even start removing the rear interior today. I spent all day installing a alarm. Tomorrow I'll start on the rear interior.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well I got my springs in yesterday. So I started on my rear hoping to knock it out in a couple of hours. Only to find my bump stops are falling apart, and it's almost impossible to find. So I had to order them online. This is gonna set me back a week.