Rice Or Not?

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
Hmmm,the clear corners are not my taste,but it's not a "ricer",maybe if it had 2 racing stripes,fender blinkers,a 10 inch tachometer,dozens of stickers by various parts-not-installed vendors,gaping mouth front bumper,swiss cheese type hood vents and big-ass woofers in back would...oh wait a minute...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
1 word, 3 syllabels, sounds like...doody full!

Nope, you were close, the word was Beautiful! I love your car and the clear lights. Rice or not I have them on my car and I love them.

oMar

Supra Hail Dent King :(
Apr 26, 2005
Liberal, KS
very clean man. looks really glossy to. i'm digging it. now just a lip and some EDM turn signals and you're car is done for exterior! so sexy.

Omar

A ricer or a rice car is generally termed as being all show no go.
Heres the most common rice features
- usually a POS Civic
- Big ass wing, anything bigger than stock is rice in my terms
- Fart Can/ Pissed off bumble bee/ what ever you want to call them
- Lots of stickers
- Stupid body kits
- Carbon Fiber anything I consider ricey
- lots NOS stickers or anything even on a camaro I consider it riced out
- Anyone who says nawwwws, its Nitrous or NO2 not NNAAWWWWWWWWWSSSSS/NOSS Thats a damn brand
- couple of other things i might be missing too but oh well

Now i dont consider it ricer if it actually moves pretty fast and doesnt have all that show stuff. More of a All go No show
I consider it a nice car when its a mixture of show and go but generally leaning on the performance side.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
oMar said:
very clean man. looks really glossy to. i'm digging it. now just a lip and some EDM turn signals and you're car is done for exterior! so sexy.

Omar

cfx pre 89 front lip on the wish list:icon_bigg
What's EDM turn sig.? ????? domestic market
i was thinking of VHT niteshade-ing the front clear ones just to see how it'll look.
anybody ever do this<dark W/chrome backing?

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I have pictures of gay riced cars i was gonna post and the turn signals with the vht nite shades but cardomain is not working. ill host them from another site then.

Edit - Hosted pic of amber turn signals......

turnsignals6if.jpg

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
Hell no, that color and that car look great. I'm not a fan of racing seats, but that certainly doesn't make it rice. I went back and forth many times on the clear turns myself. I ended up getting them and I think they look good, but I kept the stockers just in case... :) On a stickered out, big dumb wing, led windshield washer nipples, and a shitty-fit, badly-painted areo kit, the clear turns would ADD to the rice, but by themselves they look good IMHO.

Tell Bubba to suck it

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
If your car was rice you would have a completley stock car with a giant rear view mirror, racing pedals, about 100 stickers, and the ohhhhh so cool windshield washer hood light deals.

jprsullivan

Custom User Title
Mar 30, 2005
SoCal
wth, your car's nice and clean. not rice at all. btw, what kind of car did the guy have? he's just a jealous, dumb, gay domestic lover. :3d_frown:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
now now, not all domestics are terrible cars. nor are all owners "dumb" :icon_bigg

saying things like that makes us sound like the stuck-up people who call cars "jap crap" "rice" when they have no idea what they are talking about.

just try and correct them and prove we are more mature then them :)

oh, catback, EDM = european domestic market, japan got the half amber half clear lights aswell.

i say pick a set up. i am not a fan in any way of those clear fronts. other than that, its clean! it really looks like its owned by a detail shop guy :p

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
jprsullivan said:
wth, your car's nice and clean. not rice at all. btw, what kind of car did the guy have? he's just a jealous, dumb, gay domestic lover. :3d_frown:

thats the shitty part
he had a 94 gmc 1500 green, old school alum. wheels ,,rust , rust sh@t..
i had to pretend like his Shi% truck was nice, and he just turns around and pretty much insults me and the supra name .
i've done everything on my car, except the paint<i did the prep work though.
including eng. rebuild.
and all custom work
the whole situation just sucked and wrecked my day

His truck looked mint when we finished it though:icon_bigg

btw: my dd is a chev blazer, and i love it.
so not hating on the domestic guys

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
catback said:
cfx pre 89 front lip on the wish list:icon_bigg
What's EDM turn sig.? ????? domestic market
i was thinking of VHT niteshade-ing the front clear ones just to see how it'll look.
anybody ever do this<dark W/chrome backing?
european domestic market.

jprsullivan

Custom User Title
Mar 30, 2005
SoCal
hahahaha!! when i re-read my own post i knew somebody would point that out. i didn't mean to come across as generalizing all domestic owners are dumb. my bad. i know that not all domestic guys are assholes and not all import car lovers are angels. i love all cars as long as they're nicely done and clean.

Lurch

You rang?
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxvegas
Hey, I love me some domestics, but if a car has the walk to back up the talk, you can't call it rice or crap or mullet-mobile or anything else, IMHO. The general consensus seems to be tasteless show in lieu of powerful go = rice.

Yeah, to be clear, your car is quite awesome, that dude was just jealous. Or legitimately thinks it's a trashy looking slow car, in which case he's probably a few chromosomes short of fertile. At least, I would hope.